At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Performs accounting functions for KRH and related entities. Level 1 accounting duties may include, but are not limited to, primarily working closely with cash management lead and billing department personnel to balance, reconcile and perform analytical discrepancy reviews of clinic bank accounts in a timely manner.
1. *Monthly reconciliation of deposits for the KRHPN clinics primarily via Excel data imports and pivot tables, therefore, vast knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, visual basic macros and other Excel tools is essential to successful and timely reconciliations. Experience (or willingness to learn) other subsidiary financial systems such as eCW, Enterprise and Meditech to research transactional activity. The reconciliation process entails significant transactional research and diligence on single and/or split batches for multiple clinic deposits into specific bank account(s).
2. *Builds close and positive working relationships with clinic managers and the KRHPN Billing Department to resolve issues with missing deposits. Responsible for ordering deposits books for KRHPN clinics. Confidentiality is important and essential due to access to sensitive information in the banking system.
3. Prepares downloads of data for non-clinical bank reconciliations on a daily basis and reconciles the postings from AR systems to the general ledger. Attention to detail and accuracy of processing is essential for this process. Daily processing is accomplished via Excel and use of remittance advices and miscellaneous entries performed by others.
4. *Process and analyze monthly activity and prepare journal entries for KRH entities, to include: General ledger account reconciliations, monthly hospital and clinic close entries, cash postings and entries; while maintaining and ensuring appropriate support documentation/records that accompany all entries and reconciliations to expedite review by internal staff, auditors and Director. Statistical reporting may be warranted from time to time.
5. *Support preparation and completion of external audit schedules/reconciliations for annual and interim audits and tax reporting for assigned KRH entities. This position plays a key supporting role in preparation of the annual audit surrounding cash balances.
6. *Cross train and provide backup support for other team members related to daily routines and monthly close processes.
7. *Cross train and backup for Fixed Asset duties such as, but not limited to, assist with maintaining FA subsidiary ledger including additions, retirements and transfers. Reconcile to the general ledger as per department protocol. Assist in preparation of related schedules for audit annually and for tax returns as required by filing dates.
8. *Cross train and provide backup when necessary for the following: data research and retrieval for FA general ledger additions and review expenses to ensure transactions are recorded per Admin capital policy and GAAP. Assist with accurate and timely calculation and recording of depreciation expense, accumulated depreciation and gain(loss) calculations as it relates to the subsidiary ledger, general ledger, audit and budget. Accurately assign useful lives to fixed assets.
9. At times, this position may serve as backup for peers with accounting duties that may include, but are not limited to: prepare, reconcile and maintain construction-in-process schedules, depreciation projections; maintain financial and statistical records; client billing, property tax tracking and payment processing; and may on occasion assist in financial statement/board packet preparation.
10. Assists the Director and Manager of Finance and/or peers with special projects and requests as needed.
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA preferred.
2. Minimum 1-3 years of specific accounting experience preferred.
3. Computer skills: Excel required, Word and PowerPoint preferred, Meditech a plus.
4. Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills required to interact professionally with department leads and present information clearly to others. Problem solving skills, ability to follow directions, understand and review work, and use judgment.
5. Must be able to multi-task and perform accurate, quality work with interruptions and minimal supervision; self-directed but also a team player.
6. Ability to prioritize changing and diverse workload and possess outstanding time management skills while working under stressful time constraints, especially following a month or year-end.
7. Ability to be flexible to change.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.