Directly responsible to the Operating Room Supervisor and the Surgical Services Manager. Works in cooperation with fellow surgical aides, surgery personnel, anesthesiologists and surgeons. Collaborates with Perioperative Clinical Educator to develop and present educational in-services and training programs.Required to clean and set-up OR rooms between and after cases. Generally responsible for the cleanliness of the entire OR area, PACU, Surgical Day Care, Endoscopy, Nursing and Physician Lounge areas, while sincerely and positively reflecting consideration, concern and confidence, whenever interacting with another person, such as a patient, visitor, member of the medical staff or another employee. Responds to pagers and overhead pages in a timely and appropriate manner. Assists in moving furniture and equipment as required.
1. * Demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of aseptic techniques and Universal Precautions and ability to apply them in all phases of OR housekeeping.
2. * Turnover the OR Suite as needed by removing all contaminated materials and properly cleaning all appropriate surfaces.
3. * Perform terminal cleaning as needed and complete all secondary assigned tasks in a timely and professional manner.
4. * Demonstrate a professional appearance and demeanor during all direct patient care contact.
5. * Assist in the safe transport of patients to and from the floors, the ER, SDS and PACU.
6 * Assist with direction in patient transfer to and from stretcher and beds.
7.* Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to prepare the surgical suite to include the assembly, cleaning and disassembly of multiple surgical tables and positioning (e.g. Andrews' frame, Schlein Positioner, Jackson and C-arm tables, Wilson frame, Cloward, Neptune Suction and Anesthesia Circuits).
1. Current HS AED CPR.
2. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
3. 3-5 years surgical aide experience preferred.
4. Must have the ability to follow instructions and meet assigned deadlines.
5. Must be able to work well with and in the presence of people.
6. Working knowledge of the correct use of cleaning equipment and devices, such as mops, vacuums, scrubbers and polishing machines.