At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Provide professional care while in the procedure area and coordinate care with other disciplines. By assessment of the individual patient and procedure, anticipate the needs of the team and provide such services while maintaining an aseptic and safe environment. Required to scrub basic Operating Room procedures. Responsible for the sterility of supplies and the smooth efficient flow of the procedures. Performance of duties must sincerely and positively reflect consideration, concern and inspire confidence whenever interacting with another person, such as a patient, visitor, member of the medical staff or another employee.
1. *Demonstrate a commitment to professionalism while undertaking and completing all department competencies and advance primary certification. Annual department competencies include: Malignant Hyperthermia, MSDS, Fire Safety, Scope Maintenance, Jackson Table, Cell Saver and Crash Cart/Defibrillator Set-up.
2. *Demonstrate skills in maintaining and using different equipment in the procedure rooms. Demonstrate ability to care for all equipment. Maintain skills in cleaning and storing of all scopes used in endoscopy and other equipment.
3. *Maintain the supplies and materials needed.
4. *Transport patients or assist with transportation on carts as needed.
5. *Select all equipment and supplies needed for procedures and assist with set up for specific procedures.
6. *Maintain an excellent working knowledge of surgical asepsis and is able to recognize and verbalize breaks in techniques.
7. *Anticipate physician needs and react accordingly by passing the appropriate instrumentation, sutures and supplies to the physician.
8. Participate in annual review and maintenance of department policies/ procedures.
1. Graduate of an approved school of Operating Room Technicians.
2. Previous hospital experience with skills in a variety of cases.
3. Surgical Technician Certification required.
4. Current BLS HCP Certification
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.