Develops implements, coordinates and revises goal directed care to patients according to the principles and practices of Physical Therapy and the care planning process. Serves as an ambassador to all Home Options departments.
1. Assists with implementation by following individualized treatment plans as set forth by the supervising PT.
2. Reports patients progress or lack of progress to PT.
3. Performs patient treatments according to established therapy standards, department policy and plan of care.
4. Understanding of CMS regulations and Conditions of Participation as it pertain to physical therapy.
5. Documents regular communication with therapist.
6. Provides skilled physical therapy
7. Demonstrates ability to document to support medical necessity and skilled care using point of care devise.
1. Graduate of a Physical Therapy Assistant or Physical Therapy program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association.
2. Current PTA license
3. Minimum 2 years experience required with an additional 2 years of home health experience preferred.
4. Ability to administer PT treatment to patients relative to age, culture and condition. Ability to treat adult and geriatric populations
5. Ability to implement and document specific and individual treatment programs for patients according to the principles of physical therapy, department policy and payor requirements.
6. Outstanding communications skills in regards to all aspects of care, i.e. communication with patients, supervising PT, peers, family member, student and team members regarding PT related therapy.
7. Current BLS Healthcare Provider.
8.Must have capability to connect to internet or phone lines for data exchange