Provides phlebotomy services for KRMC, Brendan House, Nursing Homes, Medical Arts Laboratory and Summit Community Health Education. This includes phlebotomy from pediatrics through geriatric populations, collection of throat cultures, and instruction of patients on collection procedures for urine and other specimens.
1. *Show good judgment in the application of pediatric and adult venipunctures. Know when and how
to ask for assistance on difficult or challenging specimen collections. Explain collection procedures
clearly and completely to patients for on-site specimen collections and for at-home specimen collections.
2. *Accurately order and cancel tests in the Meditech system. Ensure correct patient identification and
information when ordering/cancelling tests.
3. *Verify patient identification prior to collection and label Specimens accurately.
4. *Answer telephones promptly and courteously. Obtain and deliver clear and accurate phone message,
with primary emphasis on accuracy and superior customer relations and telephone etiquette. Ensure
questions are answered or referred within the lab to the correct department or individual.
5. *Know and comply with Patients Rights Policy.
6. *Consistently demonstrate the ability to organize and prioritize tasks, dealing with them promptly.
Take responsibility for completing all applicable tasks during the work shift, without sacrificing quality
or work performed.
7. *Handle incoming specimens, including those for the general laboratory, microbiology, pathology, and
cytology. Sort and deliver to processing, after checking accuracy of requisition and labeling of specimens.
Assist customers at the specimen dispatch area with handling of specimens.
8. Transport samples from identified outreach locations, i.e. foot courier. Serve as a resource for collection
& ordering procedures for outreach location staff.
1. Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
2. Must have phlebotomy experience or have completed college course work in phlebotomy.
3. Current CPR certification preferred, or will obtain upon hire.
4. Must have excellent customer service skills and have the ability to work with computers.