Provides personal care to client under the direction and supervision of the Home Options Private Care supervisor. Promotes client independence and safety in the home setting by performing personal and household services, and other related tasks identified in the service plan. Serves as an ambassador to all Home Options Departments.
1. Demonstrates proficiency in basic personal care skills. Client Care Personal * - Includes but not limited to:
• Toileting and perineal care
• Empty Foley drainage bag
• Temperatures, blood pressure, pulse and respiration as assigned
• Dental and oral care
• Hair, nail, glasses, hearing aid care
• Care of dying patient
• Provide companionship by reading, talking, listening and performing related psychosocial activities.
• Transporting the client as requested.
• Remind the client to take medications as appropriate.
• Assist with application of slings, elastic bandages and Ted hose.
• Uses safe techniques when assisting with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transferring clients into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc. Use of gait belt or Hoyer lift if appropriate.
2. Demonstrates proficiency in all housekeeping functions; meal prep, food storage, light housekeeping to maintain a clean environment, etc. and laundry. Client Care Household * – Includes but not limited to:
• Changes bed linens
• Clean Bathrooms
• Clean Kitchen
• Washing dishes
• Taking out trash
3. Takes initiative in finding things to do when the household tasks are complete.
4. Completes home visit competency successfully.
5. Promotes a safe and therapeutic environment for the patient while respecting the patient's home and personal property.
6. Demonstrates the ability to work independently as appropriate.
7. Requests additional instruction or clarification as needed.
8. Demonstrates dependability, responsibility, and flexibility with the scheduling process and confirmed working schedule.
9. Reports client changes to the Supervisor.
10. Completes home visit competency successfully
11. Team work with Private Care Staff *
1. High school diploma or equivalent preferred
2. Current Montana Drivers License, minimum of liability insurance, and clean driving record required.
3. Reliable transportation.
4. Ability to read, write, follow written instructions, and briefly document care and services required.
5. Experience with caring for the elderly preferred.