Provide quality aquatic exercise instruction in accordance with The Summit's class design and purpose. Insures instruction that is adequate, proper and specific to the fitness skill level of individual class attendees.
1. Provides state of the art exercise instruction to Summit members and guests. Stays up to date with all current information and trends. *
2. Designs exercise class to meet the following criteria: a) provides adequate warm-up b) promotes cardiovascular fitness by providing an appropriate intensity range for participants c) results in appropriate stimulus to improve and/or maintain muscular strength, endurance, and flexibility; and d) provides for adequate cool-down and stretching. *
3. Teaches appropriate exercise techniques. Supervises the safety of class participants during all phases of each class. Closely monitors class participants and corrects form and technique as required. Provides exercise modifications and restrictions as needed. Refers clients to other classes if appropriate. *
4. Maintains a high level of energy while teaching class. Keeps the class motivating and fun.
5. Maintains a friendly atmosphere in the pool area for class participants and other pool area users. Communicates with patrons, co-workers, and supervisors in a positive, productive, professional manner. Enforces rules and corrects inappropriate behavior in a professional manner. *
6. Provides a substitute instructor when employee can not work scheduled shift, completes proper paperwork, and informs supervisor. Informs customers of schedule changes. Volunteers to cover shifts for employees. Completes timesheets and clocks in/out accurately. *
7. Maintains an orderly and clean environment for all aquatic users. *
1. Current Basic Life Saving CPR Certification
2. Nationally recognized aquatic or group exercise certification
3. Minimum of 17 years of age