At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Renders professional nursing care, which includes patient assessment, evaluation, treatment planning and documentation through on-going interaction and observation of patient physical and behavioral symptoms. Coordinates care with other disciplines. Services adolescents and children for day treatment program populations.
1. * Performs comprehensive assessment of patients in accordance with Behavioral Health Policies and procedures with Program Specific Standards.
2. * Manages medications by ensuring physician orders are implemented, evaluated and documented and by assuring proper administration of medication to each patient.
3. * Formulates, implements and evaluates nursing care plans. Updates care plan as necessary.
4. * Provides individual instruction to patients and their families concerning medications, Health and medical needs. Provides timely, accurate and professional documentation according to facility policy
5. * Ensures the rights of all patients are observed and protected through the use of appropriate and respectful communication. Proper de-escalation techniques, and correct physical restraint methods when necessary.
6. * Demonstrates basic knowledge of child/adolescent emotional and mental health and disease concepts. Projects a positive role model image for patients and colleague and able to demonstrate teamwork with others.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and at least two years experience in the nursing field.
2. Must be a registered nurse licensed to practice in the State of Montana
3. BSN preferred, or must be able to obtain within 5 years of employment.
4. Current HCP CPR
5. Experience in mental health field and/or chemical dependency
6. Psychiatric Certification preferred.
7. Must be able to perform each job function satisfactorily
8. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.