At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
The Registered Nurse is a nonexempt position that provides professional nursing care to patients on the Medical unit during his/her assigned shift. This care shall be rendered in a safe and effective manner that is consistent with KRMC’s policies, and procedures.
1. A demonstrated commitment to professionalism, civility, teamwork and customer service while undertaking all tasks and interactions with others.
2. *Knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to the RN’s specific job duties, patient care and safety.
3. *The ability to operate and maintain equipment to departmental standards.
4. *The ability to maintain nursing standards of care, and execute appropriate physician orders.
5. *While executing patient care, demonstrates knowledge of and maintains the patient’s right to diversity, privacy and confidentiality.
6. *Must perform a comprehensive assessment of patient on admission and at regular intervals appropriate for the condition of the patient or as ordered by the physician/provider.
7. *Administration of medications, treatments, physician/provider specified care and intravenous therapy to patients in compliance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures.
8. *Reassessment of patient(s) to monitor status, identify changes in vital signs, lab work or status, implement interventions as ordered or defined, and to evaluate patient responses to treatment or therapy in compliance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures.
9. *Communication of all appropriate and critical changes in the patient’s condition, status and findings to the appropriate physician/provider in a timely manner or as defined by policies and procedures and/or physician/provider orders.
10. *Document all clinical findings and required regulatory mandates in the chart in compliance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures or as defined by regulatory requirements.
11. *Demonstrate competency/currency in pediatric specific competencies within 60-days of Medical Unit employment.
12. *Completes and demonstrates competency/currency in pediatric specific required yearly unit competencies and educational requirements as defined by the Medical Unit department manager and CNO.
13. *Knowledge of staffing standards and a demonstrated commitment to cost containment with all resources.
14. *The ability to comply with and to maintain regulatory compliance requirements as defined for the nursing care on the unit and according to hospital standards.
15. *Provides oversight of staff and patient care:
a. Coordinates the delivery of patient care in a professional manner in compliance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures.
b. Determines patient assignments and delegates duties according to appropriate patient acuity and skill mix of the staff.
c. Coordinates the staffing requirements with unit manager, staffing office and house supervisor based on patient acuity, productivity and policy guidelines.
d. Communicates with staff to provide immediate feedback to correct deviations from policies and procedures.
e. Communicates with the unit managers and documents any unusual events that occurred during the shift. This shall include but is not limited to exceptional teamwork and professionalism, accidents, injuries, safety issues, deviations from appropriate patient care, breaches in professionalism, staffing abnormalities and special circumstances and variances from policy and procedures.
16. *Provides feedback regarding staff performance for on-going staff improvement and performance evaluations. This shall include but is not limited to the following:
a. Verbal feedback
b. Written documentation
c. Participating in staff evaluations.
17. *The charge nurse assists the staff, coaches the staff and provides professional nursing care to the patients on the unit. The charge nurse assesses and anticipates the needs of the patient, and coordinates the necessary interventions as defined by policy, procedure and the written/verbal orders of the physician/approved provider.
18. *The charge nurse participates in unit activities necessary to maintain unit productivity and patient care. These job functions include but are not limited to:
a. Monitoring the use and function of the equipment in the patient care rooms for the safety, and cleanliness of the patient and co-workers.
b. Monitoring and assisting the staff, RN/LPN/CNA/HUC in maintaining compliance with all applicable regulatory standards.
c. Answering the phone and interaction with the public as needed.
19. Assigning and ensuring that the restocking of rooms and supply areas occurs at appropriate and timely intervals necessary to maintain safe patient care.
1. Current Montana RN License.
2. BSN degree preferred
3. Current Healthcare Provider CPR.
4. A minimum of one (1) years of current Acute Care experience.
5. Must not have any corrective action or disciplinary counseling within the last 24 months of employment.
6. Previous Acute Care Charge Nurse experience preferred.
7. National Certification in Med/Surg preferred.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.