At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Facilitates the implementation, support and integration of the various healthcare information software applications utilized at Kalispell Regional Healthcare (KRH). Provides software application support by troubleshooting daily issues. Acts as liaison between end users and vendor, monitoring tasks for expedient resolution. Monitors system functionality and resolves or reports problems as well as enhancing functionality to support process improvement. Participates in or manages the implementation of new applications, new modules, new functionality, including design, documenting workflow, building dictionaries / tables, configuring the application, developing user sign on and access appropriate to their job description, developing test scripts and testing application configuration, and developing training and go-live plans. May be called upon to train end users as needed. Documents processes as appropriate. Works closely with other departments, outreach facilities and other members of HIT to implement, problem solve, and improve services to end-users. Uses IT project management methodologies and tools to ensure successful implementations, and may serve as project manager for implementations or process improvement initiatives.
1. *Demonstrates high quality customer service skills serving our HIT customers, including appropriate communication with our customers, consistent follow through on issues, identifying problems and their probable causes, developing and implementing solutions and timely escalation of issues as needed. Supports and encourages maximization of software utilization. Supports the corporate philosophy, mission, and vision through customer/staff interactions.
2. *Demonstrates ability to self-manage assuming full ownership of all outcomes start to finish. Able to multitask and prioritize tasks, using appropriate critical decision-making. Able to independently and/or collaboratively bring problems to a complete resolution.
3. *Supports end-user applications, including (but not limited to) configuring applications, building system tables/dictionaries, creating user access, troubleshooting, training, reporting issues to vendors, and creating and implementing downtime procedures.
4. *Demonstrates fundamental HIT knowledge and skills including analytical skills, issues tracking, change control, production change management, and creation of design specifications or documentation. Demonstrates knowledge of hospital and/or clinic workflow and is able to incorporate into problem solving, support, and implementation.
5. *Demonstrates project management and implementation skills, including understanding of and participation in work-planning, design and build, testing, end-user training, and cutover and go-live activities. Demonstrates knowledge of work plans and managing tasks and timelines.
6. *Demonstrates understanding of the integration between modules and the interaction/impact changes cause within the modules. Assists in the development of interfaces, including design, workflow, specification development, table-mapping, and testing. Executes testing in an integrated environment while incorporating quality management concepts.
7. *Manage group projects toward successful completion of goals, including effectively and independently facilitating decision-making with users and administrative leadership in multiple venues and environments.
8. May be called upon to demonstrate and provide deep domain knowledge of HIT application systems, including technical, clinical, or financial knowledge and skills. May serve as a department expert, and act as a role model and knowledge-leader to other team members, specifically around HIT expertise and professional skills.
9. Demonstrates exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
10. Pursues opportunities for self-development. Stays current with industry trends as they relate to job responsibilities.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management, Computer Science, Health Information Technology or related field preferred, or comparable work experience required
2. At least (4) years of progressive experience with hospital or healthcare operations or healthcare IT or equivalent work experience in a relevant field. Healthcare (operational, clinical or IT) work experience required.
3. Leadership, problem solving, analytical skills, and exemplary written and verbal communication skills required.
4. Strong understanding of common software applications (ex. MS Office) required. Strong understanding of personal computers required.
5. Prefer experience with hospital and clinic application systems (preferably Meditech), application support and implementation experience, as well as project management experience.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.