Meets Hospice Conditions of Participation providing quality psychosocial services to patients
and families. Participates and coordinates care with the interdisciplinary team. Serves as an ambassador to all Home Options departments.
1. Performs comprehensive psychological assessments that reflect the patient’s, mental, emotional, social financial, bereavement and environmental status.
2. Develops and maintains an individualized plan of care based on patient and family needs
3. Communicates and coordinates with IDT and all others involved in the patient’s care
4. Evaluates the effectiveness of the plan of care by measurement of patient progress towards goals
5. Provides bereavement counseling and follow-up for the families and caregivers of hospice patient
6. Develops and implements a plan for delivering bereavement follow-up to hospice families for one (1) year following the death of the patient
7. Performs a comprehensive assessment of bereavement needs. Develops a plan of care, updating as needed.
8. Makes referrals to outside resources as appropriate.
9. May provide bereavement services to members of the community.
1. MSW Degree
2. Minimum 1 year social work experience in a healthcare setting
3. Current CPR
4. Excellent communication and time management skills
5. Ability to work effectively with all types of patients
6. Ability to work with little supervision
7. Reliable Vehicle, current drivers license and minimum of liability auto insurance
8. Must have capability to connect to internet or phone lines for data exchange