At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Provides customer service, clerical support, and continuous monitoring of the activities of the unit within the PICU/PEDS Unit. The PCCHUC/CNA supports the nursing and medical staff with notification of alarms, monitoring the family waiting room, transcribes orders to the Kardex and when needed, enters computerized orders, maintains charts, files lab and test results during down time processes and completes admission/discharge data entry. This position serves primarily the pediatric populations and their families.
1. *Performs clerical and technical skills in an organized and accurate manner according to hospital policies and procedures.
2. *Transcribes physician orders to Kardex and enters orders into Meditech when needed. Completes essential clerical patient care functions during downtime. Maintains patient charts accurately. Files any paper reports or documents received in a timely manner.
3. *Documents patient arrival and discharge times with accurate data entry. Collaborates with RN to secure follow up for discharging patients and performs patient chart discharge process and paper disbursement in a timely manner.
4. *Reports ongoing patient/customer needs to RNs and LPNs. Maintains continuous surveillance of key activities within the unit. Must never break visual contact with the monitors without adequate coverage.
5. *Demonstrates the ability to work with the RNs and additional adjunct staff to set and maintain patient care and work priorities and responds to a changing workload.
6. *Adheres and upholds all organizational customer service policies and standards while caring for patients, their families and interacting with co-workers and physicians.
7. *Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to job duties. Demonstrates knowledge of safety policies and procedures. Demonstrates cost containment with all resources.
8. *Assists the RN in maintaining unit function. These job functions include, but are not limited to:
a. Restocking of rooms and supply areas.
b. Maintaining the equipment in the patient care rooms for the safety and cleanliness of the patient and co-workers.
c. Assists the RN in maintaining compliance with Medicare and all applicable regulatory standards.
d. Answers the phone and interacts with the public as needed.
9. *Delivers basic patient care under the guidance and direction of RNs. Assists RN in coordination of workload and patient priorities based on skill set and is able to document actions in the electronic medical record.
1. Current CNA experience/training required.
2. Current Healthcare Provider BLS Certification required.
3. Possess and maintain computer skills to include working knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to learn other software as needed. Previous experience with electronic medical record (EMR) programs preferred.
4. Medical terminology knowledge preferred.
5. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, required.
6. Must be detail-oriented, a self-starter, possess ability to set priorities and function as part of a team. Uses good judgment, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
7. Knowledge of record keeping, documentation, filing, and basic office procedures required.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.