At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Provides basic nursing care to patients in the Acute Care Units under the direction and supervision of Registered Nurses and/or Licensed Practical Nurses. Coordinates care with other disciplines. This position serves adult, geriatric and pediatric populations.
1. *Delivers basic patient care under the guidance and direction of the RNs and LPNs on the unit to safely meet the needs of the patient(s).
2. *Refers to the patient care Kardex and/or eKardex to maintain patient care goals and communicates with the RN/LPN to coordinate workloads and patient priorities. This care includes but is not limited to the following job functions:
a. Patient vital signs.
b. Basic CNA assessment while taking the patient’s vital signs and informing the RN/LPN assigned to the primary care of the patient of any abnormal vital signs and/or changes in the patient’s condition.
c. Maintaining patient privacy as defined by KRMC policies and procedures.
d. Meeting personal hygiene needs and goals.
e. Assisting the patient with activities of daily living such as ambulation, transferring to a chair, eating, and grooming.
f. Monitoring the patients’ activity to prevent them from harm.
g. Documenting care rendered to the patient as defined by KRMC policy and procedures.
3. *Assists the RN/LPN in maintaining unit function. These job functions include, but are not limited to:
a. Restocking of rooms and supply areas.
b. Maintaining the equipment in the patient care rooms for the safety and cleanliness of the patient and co-workers.
c. Assisting the RN/LPN in maintaining compliance with Medicare and all applicable regulatory standards.
d. Answering the phone and interaction with the public as needed.
4. *Demonstrates the ability to work with the RNs and LPNs to set and maintain patient care and work priorities and respond to a changing workload.
5. *Adheres and upholds all organizational customer service policies and standards while caring for patients, their families and interacting with co-workers and physicians.
1. Current Montana CNA Certificate.
2. Current Healthcare Provider BLS Certification.
3. One (1) year of Acute Care experience preferred.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.