The Primary Care Operations Manager will have growth and development responsibility for the service line by increasing Kalispell Regional Healthcare’s (KRH) presence, competitiveness, and profitability in the market. Develops, implements, and administers successful consistent service line objectives, policies, and procedures to formalize and implement the mission, vision, and values of KRH. Collaborates with leadership and care management on business plan development, implementation and execution. Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, hospitals, and KRH. Maintains the standards, customer relations, and practice within the service line. Manages relationships with physicians to find new sources of programs/services, revenue for consulting with physicians on business opportunities, and practice growth and development.
Management Job Duties:
Job Specific Duties:
Drive organizational objectives by operationalizing your department effectively and efficiently. Proactively anticipate both the needs of KRH and the impact your department has on the organization’s success. Collect and analyze data, prepare options, present recommendations, and explain associated benefits and risks.
Practice and further develop competencies in the areas of general management, financial management, human resources management, organizational dynamics and governance, organizational communication, strategic planning, information management, risk management and quality improvement. Demonstrate professional ownership, self-development and a desire for life-long learning.
Serve as a role model for others by exhibiting the KRH core values: integrity, compassion, service, excellence and ownership. Lead and influence your team to provide outstanding customer service. Develop and foster relationships with other KRH leaders, departments and members of your team to support open communication, trust and collaboration.
1. *Human Resources: Creates a supportive department culture by fostering individual motivation, coaching and training for optimum job performance. Collaborates with Human Resources to ensure each employee has the required and appropriate license and certification(s). Gives direction without conflict. Anticipates staff problems and takes preventive measures. Analyzes and responds to employee turnover taking appropriate steps to maintain high employee morale and satisfaction. Educates employees on timekeeping policies and procedures to ensure accuracy. Reviews and approves the bi-weekly payroll for department employees. Responsible for completing 6-month and annual performance evaluations with employees on or before their due date for all employees supervised by the unit manager. Creates job descriptions and job standards for each position and monitors to ensure accuracy. Plans work schedules and assigns work to staff to ensure adequate service and coverage.
2. *Develops and oversees department cost centers to ensure adherence to organizational mission, vision, values, strategic goals, and business strategies. Interprets and supports the mission and philosophy of KRH.
3. *In collaboration with physician leadership, medical staff, administration, and other health care providers, develops and implements short and long range plans, and leads, develops and revises programs which enhance department services.
4. *Leads department in the overall marketing, program development, and leadership service priorities. Coordinates with physicians and other KRH leadership to ensure continuity in pursing service line/organizational goals and synergy in implementing plans and problem resolution.
5. *Develops, implements, and maintains a realistic, cost-effective annual budget.
6. *Practices process improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of the service/care provided within the department. Maintains competency in all organization, departmental and outside agency safety standards relevant to job performance for department and ensures compliance of department and staff.
7. *Demonstrates and encourages an ethic of open communication and teamwork throughout the organization. Builds an environment of shared commitment to KRH’s goals and responsibility to achieve quality outcomes. Provides consultation for related concerns and acts as a customer advocate by demonstrating sensitivity to ethical and legal ramifications of practice.
8. *Consults with medical, business, and community groups to discuss service problems, responds to community needs, enhances public relations, coordinates activities and plans, and promotes health programs.
9. *Develops and/or expands and implements the medical programs or health services that promote cardiopulmonary services, research, and community health.
10. *Maintains awareness of advances in medicine, computerized diagnostic and treatment equipment, data processing technology, government regulations, health insurance changes, and financing options.