At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: The Brendan House Laundry Aide is responsible for laundering personal clothing of residents and assuring clothing is marked with resident name or initials. The Laundry Aide will be responsible for keeping laundry room and equipment clean and orderly and assisting with transporting linen to hospital as needed. Assists transport services to meet patient care and supply needs as appropriate. All employees of the Brendan House share the responsibility of caring for the residents, family members and guests, employees, and the facility. All employees are expected to exercise good communication and a willingness to assist others outside of the scope of their job description in order to be successful as a team.
1. *Gather soiled clothing from resident room.
2. *Sort clothing, place in washers, then transfer to dryers.
3. *Fold and hang clothing. Return and put away in residents room.
4. *Make sure residents clothing is marked and remark when necessary.
5. *Use appropriate laundry detergent and sanitizer.
6. *Maintain laundry room clean and orderly. Sanitize washers and dryers.
7. *Record and educate residents on the use of sanitizer and the amount used.
8. *Maintain adequate supply of hangers in laundry room by retrieving empty hangers from resident closets.
9. *Follow standard precautions at all times and isolation precautions when needed.
10. *Responsible for restocking oxygen e-cylinders in hallway closet daily.
11. *Maintain donated clothing closet.
12. *Manage the schedule of resident laundry by updating list as needed.
13. *Assist Transport Department as needed.
14. *Performs all job duties in accordance with State of MT laws related to long term care.
1. High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
2. Current Heart Saver AED CPR.
3. Minimum 18 years of age, current driver license (Type 2, Class C), and clean driving record to drive company vehicle.
4. Prior office experience including but not limited to answering phones, responding to pages, written and verbal communication, and remaining calm in stressful situations required.
5. Prior experience interacting with the elderly preferred.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.