At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Facilitates outstanding customer service and smooth patient flow by completing patient appointments. This includes; check in, registering, and check out as needed, as well as completing other necessary clinical & clerical duties. Will be responsible for answering phones in a busy environment and successfully following through with the callers needs.
*Serves as a patient advocate.
2. *Provides reception duties including: professional phone skills, exceptional customer service and the ability to take messages accurately.
3. *Responsible for filing, including electronic filing.
4. *Responsible for the copying, mailing and/or faxing of medical records.
5. *Responsible for conducting appointment reminder calls.
6. *Assists with the inventory of office clerical supplies.
7. *Prepares patient charts for visits.
8. *Performs the complete patient check in and check out process. As well as scheduling appointments, collecting co-pays and other cash balancing duties as assigned.
1. Possess the qualifications of a Practice Assistant.
2. Minimum of two (2) years office experience required. Medical office experience preferred.
3. Computer skills required with Meditech experience preferred.
4. Knowledgeable of the clinical care provided in the office setting along with insurance requirements, scanning and attaching documents within the EMR, back office processes, and medical terminology.
5. Possess fundamental knowledge of basic billing procedures. Knowledge and concept of referrals, and insurance EOB scanning.
6. Must be able to multi-task efficiently and self-motivate requiring little supervision. Ability to communicate well, both verbally and written, with all levels of healthcare professionals and patients.
7. Ability to take instructions and follow through with attention to detail.
8. Knowledge of approval requests and HIS/PHS policy and procedures.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.