At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: Provide quality swim instruction in accordance with The Summit Aquatic policies and procedures.
1. Provide quality and enjoyable swim lessons following the guidelines and class progressions as established by The Summit.
2. Provide state of the art swim instruction utilizing creativity and up-to-date information and techniques.
3. Provide a safe environment for students. Review the safety rules prior to each lesson training students to enter and exit the water safely. Attention paid to students at all times in the pool area.
4. Lessons are to begin and end on time, lesson preparation will be completed and lessons will be documented on progress sheets. The skills taught will be appropriate to the class level and will address the goals set for the class.
5. Proper teaching techniques will be adhered too; utilization of the show, tell, and kinesthetic teaching methods. The students will be in the water each class, instructor will go under water with the students, will use consistent terminology and appropriate language for children.
6. Time management, productivity during class time, and ability to create a fun learning environment for the students will be required for each class.
7. Participation in setting up and clearing lane lines, keeping the pool area clean and organized, as well as showing genuine care for the facility by informing the aquatics supervisor of any needed repairs.
8. Life saving duties will be performed as necessary. Responsible for keeping up-to-date on current saving techniques, emergency action plan, and participation in the scheduled in-service training/staff meetings.
1. HS AED CPR certification within 30 days of hire.
2. Nationally recognized aquatic swim instructor certification within 30 days of hire.
3. Must be at least 17 years of age.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.