At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
The Sr. Grant Writer is responsible for overseeing all aspects of grant funding for Kalispell Regional Healthcare (KRH) System. This position will be on-site and not performed remotely.
1. *Researches and contacts potential foundation and corporate funders to support program, organizational development, capital, and other KRH Foundation projects.
2. *Establishes and expands relationships with grant funders and community partners.
3. *Communicates regularly with KRH staff to build knowledge and awareness of grant-related practices and opportunities.
4. *Researches, writes, and submits competitive proposals to private and public foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
5. *Convenes and coordinates KRH staff and community partner grant planning committees. Consults with KRH departments to identify system-wide priorities.
6. *Coordinates proposal development with KRH staff and outside consultants.
7. * *Maintains required registrations, i.e., grants.gov, CCF, and D&B.
8. *Completes and submits to funders mid-term and final reports, and other required paperwork. Works with finance staff to track fund disbursement and develop financial reports.
9. *Maintains grant-related reference resources including funder research files, grant application deadlines, grant reporting schedules, and other information as needed. Maintains Raisers Edge records.
10. *Researches best and emerging health care practices, priorities, grant development and management practices.
11. *Actively participates in local, state, and national grant-related organizations.
12. *Undertakes ongoing education and certification.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Minimum of five (5) years experience in successful grant writing required.
2. Computer proficiency, particularly in MS Word, MS Excel, Raisers Edge, and online research required.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of grant research and application processes.
4. Knowledge of government and non-government grant programs. Experience in federal and/or state government grant writing preferred.
5. Experience in developing grants for health system-related projects and activities preferred.
6. Must be detail-oriented, a self-starter, possess ability to set priorities and function as part of a team. Possess ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines. Must maintain the highest level of ethical conduct
7. Possess ability to take initiative, work independently, and use innovative techniques and ingenuity to prepare grant applications.
8. Must possess ability to coordinate grant projects with KRH staff and community partners.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.