At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: Responsible for supervising the swimming pools, spa and pool deck areas by enforcing all aquatics policies and procedures in order to prevent accidents and provide a safe environment for all participants.
1. Provides for the safety of all Summit aquatic patrons.
2. Enforces all pool and pool area rules in accordance with established Summit policies. Has the ability to spot rule violations and/or potential hazards and immediately respond to correct.
3. Maintains a watchful eye on the pool and pool users, stands and moves about the deck area, and carries proper lifeguard equipment. Scans the water and deck continuously for potential or actual hazards and takes appropriate action.
4. Avoids extended conversations with patrons and co-workers which distracts from lifeguard duties.
5. Performs life saving duties as trained and as necessary. Knowledgeable of the emergency action plan and participates in scheduled in-service trainings and staff meetings.
6. Arrives to work on time and in uniform prepared to perform a water rescue, CPR and First Aid at any moment.
7. Communicates with patrons, co-workers, and supervisors in a positive, productive, professional manner.
8. Provides exceptional customer service. Interacts with patrons and corrects inappropriate behavior in a professional manner.
1. Current Lifeguard & First Aid certification
2. Current HS AED, Professional Rescuer, or equivalent CPR certification
3. Minimum 15 years of age
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.