At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: Coordinates the rehabilitation of the post cardiac event, CABG, and high risk patients. Implements secondary prevention strategies including exercise, patient education and risk reduction. Duties shall be performed in a manner consistent with Kalispell Regional Medical Center’s mission. Performance of duties must sincerely and positively reflect consideration, concern and inspire confidence whenever interacting with another person, such as patient, visitor, member of the medical staff, or another employee.
1. *Provides rehabilitative services for post cardiac and pulmonary patients and patients with multiple risk factors that are referred to the Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation program.
2. *Patients appropriately screened with physician referral in place 100% of the time as set forth by the cardiopulmonary rehabilitation policies and procedures.
3. *Consistently communicates with the referring physician regarding the need for a referral and provides recommendations for patients that are not eligible for cardiopulmonary rehabilitation reimbursement.
4. *Conducts appropriate pre-exercise assessment of all participants including changes in symptomology and medications, measurement of hemodynamic variables and recording of home exercise data.
5. *Utilizes appropriate protocols to evaluate patient functional capacity and develop individualized exercise programs.
6. *Provides educational program for patient and family.
7. *Responds to any emergency situation in the exercise area, including CPR and defibrillation.
8. *Compiles program census and uses the correct billing codes and procedures to charge patients daily.
1. Graduate of an approved nursing or graduate exercise science, or physical therapy program or respiratory therapy program required.
2. Master’s degree required for Exercise Physiologist and Physical Therapist.
3. Current ACLS certification required (to be obtained within 1 year of hire – as classes are available).
4. Current HealthCare Provider CPR & AED required.
5. ACSM Exercise Clinical Exercise Specialist or Clinical Exercise Specialist Registry preferred.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.