At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: Provide care, treatment and close supervision of program clients. Utilize documents, behaviors and interventions under general direction of Site Supervisor. Develop positive relationships with clients, co-workers and school personnel. Implement treatment plans and promote and maintain a positive therapeutic environment.
1. *Supervise clients in all aspects of their day including school, therapy groups and recreational activities.
2. *Assess patients and identify dynamics, diagnostic elements and provide therapy as indicated to maintain a safe and therapeutic environment.
3. *Participate as a team member in the development of the facilities programmatic activities.
4. *Stimulate patient interest and cooperation in various individual and group activities and programs through positive interactions, instruction, supervision, feedback and encouragement
5. *Demonstrate accurate and timely documentation through completion of daily progress notes, through supervision of patients in all aspects their treatment.
6. May be assigned to participate in professional meetings and staffing in order to communicate pertinent information concerning treatment plans of individual clients.
7. May participate in extracurricular activities such as, skiing, hiking, field trips, etc., if physically able.
8. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisory or administrative personnel.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Education or related mental health field from an accredited school preferred or 5 years of experience working with severely emotionally disturbed individuals.
2. Familiarity with behavioral theory and concepts and is able to apply behavioral principles.
3. One year experience in a child/adolescent psychiatric facility and/or mental health center preferred.
4. Possess knowledge of current treatment approaches for the various diagnoses.
5. Possess knowledge of approaches that are incorporated in the direct treatment of the individual.
6. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
7. Ability to obtain CPR or BLS Certificate within 30 days of hire.
8. Ability to successfully complete MANDT certification. Training provided.
9. Demonstrated knowledge of cultural, ethnic, social, historical and spiritual issues relevant to the provision of mental health treatment preferred.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.