At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Provides care and close supervision of facility patients an documents behavior. Under the general Supervisor of the RN Charge develops positive relationships with patients and co-workers and follows facility policies and procedures by implementing treatment plans and providing crisis intervention as necessary. Assists in maintaining a safe environment for both patients and co-workers.
1. *Contribute to the effective implementation of individual treatment plans. Provide limited one-to-one contact with patients and help patients to focus on aftercare plan/WRAP.
2. *Provide and ensure that patients are safe and their environment is safe. Supervise patients and their location through updating of the flow sheets. Complete safety checks on unit as assigned. Always alert to potential problems and unsafe environment and reports these concerns to the Charge RN.
3. *Deliver basic patient care under the direction / supervision of the R.N. Basic patient care includes the following: Taking vital signs. assisting patients with personal hygiene, assisting patients with activities of daily living such as ambulation, eating, bathing, transferring and grooming. Document all care given in the progress notes.
4. *Consistently exercise good judgment and exhibit emotional stability when responding to stressful and non-stressful situations. Remains calm when de-escalating patient. Able to implement least restrictive to more restrictive interventions based on Mandt Principles of Graded and Gradual Alternatives.
5. *Stimulate patients’ interest and cooperation in various individual and group activities and programs through positive interactions, instruction, supervision, feedback and encouragement.
6. *Demonstrate accurate and timely documentation through completion of daily progress notes. Supervise and document patients in all aspects their treatment.
7. * Identify at risk patients and develop safety plan as needed based on assessments. Relays important information, issues to team members.
8. *Effectively communicate with primary age groups - Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric.
9. *Attends to cultural/racial/ethnic/social and spiritual needs relevant to the provision of mental health treatment to all PTC patients. Attends educational presentations on multicultural issues. Completes assigned competencies in these areas. Knows how to access multicultural resources.
1. Bachelor degree in psychology/sociology or related field preferred. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
2. Minimum of one year experience working with psychiatric and/or chemical dependent patients preferred.
3. Ability to obtain CPR or BLS Certificate within 30 days of hire.
4. Ability to successfully complete MANDT certification. Training provided.
5. Knowledge of cultural, ethnic, social, historical and spiritual issues relevant to the provision of mental health treatment preferred.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.