At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
The EMR Data Abstractor supports the transition of practices to new EMR.
1. *Demonstrates exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
2. *Ability to discern essential data within an Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
3. *Ability to abstract data from one EMR to another, using dual screens, typing/editing skills and
navigating through multiple EMR products, including Meditech, eCW, Webchart, MIE.
4. *Ability to self-motivate, assuming ownership of tasks from start to finish. Prioritizes multiple tasks
using appropriate critical decision making.
5. *Demonstrates an understanding of healthcare information systems and the interaction and impact
changes cause within and between systems. Executes testing in an integrated environment, applying
quality management concepts such as auditing, accurate testing scenarios, and follow through.
6. Effectively tracks current issues, following through to a timely resolution.
7. Knows when to seek and accept guidance from those with advanced experience, including interacting
with providers and other clinicians. Able to provide guidance and/or support when needed. Acts as a
role model to other team members.
8. Demonstrates project and implementation skills including understanding of and participation in testing,
end-user training, cutover and go-live activities.
*Access to Protected Health Information necessitates the highest level of integrity, judgment and confidentiality.
1. Knowledge of medical terminology.
2. Clinical background preferred.
3. Work experience in a relevant setting.
4. Strong typing skills required.
5. Strong understanding of common software applications required.
6. Strong understanding of personal computers required. Prefer experience with software applications
in use at Kalispell Regional Healthcare (KRH).
Must possess excellent organizational skills.