Management Job Duties:
Drive organizational objectives by operationalizing your department effectively and efficiently. Proactively anticipate both the needs of KRH and the impact your department has on the organization’s success. Collect and analyze data, prepare options, present recommendations, and explain associated benefits and risks.
Practice and further develop competencies in the areas of general management, financial management, human resources management, organizational dynamics and governance, organizational communication, strategic planning, information management, risk management and quality improvement. Demonstrate professional ownership, self-development and a desire for life-long learning.
Serve as a role model for others by exhibiting the KRH core values: integrity, compassion, service, excellence and ownership. Lead and influence your team to provide outstanding customer service. Develop and foster relationships with other KRH leaders, departments and members of your team to support open communication, trust and collaboration.
Job Specific Duties:
- Human Resources: Creates a supportive department culture by fostering individual motivation, coaching and training for optimum job performance. Collaborates with Human Resources to ensure each employee has the required and appropriate license and certification(s). Gives direction without conflict. Anticipates staff problems and takes preventive measures. Analyzes and responds to employee turnover taking appropriate steps to maintain high employee morale and satisfaction. Educates employees on timekeeping policies and procedures to ensure accuracy. Reviews and approves the bi-weekly payroll for department employees. Responsible for completing 6-month and annual performance evaluations with employees on or before their due date for all employees supervised by the unit manager. Creates job descriptions and job standards for each position and monitors to ensure accuracy. Plans work schedules and assigns work to staff to ensure adequate service and coverage.
- *Manages and ensures the day-to-day operating needs of the pediatric subspecialty clinic practices including, but not limited to; patient services, billing, coding, staff concerns, facilities maintenance, marketing, physician clinic coordination and support, and financial functions.
- *Ensures optimum patient clinic services from initial contact to close of services. Responsive to patient concerns, fosters an environment of immediate service recovery and transparency for patient billing, questions and problems. Drives culture to improve patient experience, service and access.
- *Establishes processes to ensure that all clinic employees are properly trained for their positions and develops cross training opportunities as warranted. Assures continued education as needed. Conducts monthly staff meetings, which allow for addressing clinic wide issues, involving staff in seeking solutions to practice problems, and provides information regarding corporate issues.
- *Directs budget process for the clinic. Monitors, provides statistical reporting and implements changes necessary to comply with budget, maximize revenues and maintain adequate cash flow.
- *Directs the timely, accurate coding and submission of claims. Processes clinic accounts payable invoices in a timely manner for prompt payment of creditors.
- *Oversees systems to manage medical records in the clinic. Provides for efficient and consistent chart setup. Works with providers to ensure accurate documentation of services and medical information. Protects patient confidentiality in all transactions. Follows applicable records retention and destruction guidelines.
- *Monitors and ensures compliance with all required legal requirements and governmental reporting regulations. Directs preparation of information requested and monitors clinic practices for exposure.
- *Supports the activities and needs of the practice physicians and providers by providing appropriate resources, scheduling, and compensation oversight. Works in coordination with the Pediatric Service Line Director to conduct Pediatric Subspecialty meetings.
- Works with Pediatric Service Line Director, Physician Director and on-site providers to ensure the highest standards of practice performance by providing timely information regarding current status of the Montana Children’s Specialists clinics. Suggests future plan of action to improve the overall clinic practices.