At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Perform laboratory procedures using a variety of automated and non-automated technologies. Evaluate the accuracy and validity of patient test results and report the information correctly. Perform, monitor and evaluate quality control for all tests. Maintain laboratory equipment through preventative maintenance and troubleshooting according to established protocols. Complete documentation as required in each department. Organize, perform and result tests to meet expected turnaround times. Participate in quality management studies and performance improvement projects in a variety of departments. Contribute to procedures and policies as needed and assist with writing and revisions by Supervisors. Train new employees/student or other projects as assigned.
1. *Perform clinical patient testing using a variety of automated and non-automated technologies. (Stay current with and perform lab procedures on an annual basis; continually evaluate specimen integrity, patient/specimen identification, instrument function and practice good lab technique at every stage; request clarification and assistance as needed.)
2. *Participate in Quality Control and Quality Management (informal Performance Improvement included) activities to ensure accurate and timely reporting of results. (Monitor and evaluate QC for all test results according to established protocols, provide documentation and Meditech comments as required, participate in QM studies in a variety of departments, and contribute to improvement of operations and process.)
3. *Use effective oral and written communications skills, contribute to a functional and positive staff culture. (Provide organized, legible documentation of activities, effective in one-on-one communications and group meetings, maintain a positive attitude, communicate effectively with coworkers to assure uninterrupted resulting of tests and providing quality customer service and patient care and embrace KRMC Values R.I.S.E.).
4. *Use professional judgment, perform critical thinking, triaging and organizing of work and work area for best flow and utilize effective decision-making skills. (Work efficiently as a professional, handle problems or unusual/difficult situations with specimens, co-workers or customers, identify and troubleshoot problems, seek and consider alternative solutions and request assistance when appropriate.)
5. *Performs accreditation-related tasks. (Perform Competencies assigned via CAP Competency Program and perform Proficiency Testing assigned by each department Supervisor.)
6. *Maintain competency in computer skills. (Accurately order tests, cancel tests, verify results and add comments to patient results in the LIS andpull up electronic procedures contained within Table of Contents in each department.)
7. *Perform testing in a timely manner.(Effective in handling workload and workflow, demonstrate the ability to set priorities, effectively organize and run routine, timed, and STAT work, maintain efficiency with specimen, avoid batching specimens in areas of large volume and handoff work to others at shift change.)
8. * Call and document Critical Values according to Laboratory policy.
1. Bachelor's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or related science.
2. Montana state license as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist or ability to obtain license within 45 days of date of hire.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.