At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: Provides care to patients and assistance to oral surgeon during surgical/clinical procedures.
1. *Prepares patient for treatment; reviews medical and dental history and consults with medical practitioner. Conducts oral exam and takes vital signs, use of glucose monitor, makes appropriate notations in patient record and verbally reporting findings to physician.
2. *Assists Oral Surgeon with procedures and patients under local, nitrous oxide, I.V. and deep sedation and general anesthesia; under direct supervision of surgeon, performs extra- and intra-oral procedures (i.e. suture removal, dressing changes, irrigations, changing elastics); assists with airway maintenance during procedures, to include routine head tilt, chin lift or jaw thrust; places monitors, records data, and reports to surgeon; and documents anesthesia record.
3. *Accurately takes impressions, bite registrations and fabricates models for pre-operative Orthognathic and trauma patients.
4. *Exposes and develops x-rays; ensures that x-rays are of adequate diagnostic quality, duplicates x-rays as needed.
5. *Ensures all rooms are properly stocked with instruments, supplies, forms etc.; turnovers rooms in an efficient and diligent manner (i.e. correctly decontaminates rooms) after each procedure; and cleans, sterilizes and sets up each operating room at start of clinic session.
6. *Greets patients appropriately, verifies patient identification, seats patiently punctually and with a smile, modifies head rests to accommodate each patient, verifies patient info before surgeon enters room (i.e. falls/smoking/pain scale).
7. *Using established written guidelines provides pre- and post-operative information to patients being admitted to Surgical Unit. (i.e. post-extraction instruction, post implant and grafting instructions, care of wire jaw, nutritional guidelines for fracture and orthognathic patients).
8. *Performs selected clerical tasks as needed (i.e. patient check-in, as required) and all other tasks (i.e. supply inventory and ordering) as assigned by leadership.
1. Graduate of accredited oral surgery assisting program or oral surgery assisting experience preferred.
2. Current CPR/BLS certification or ability to obtain within one (1) month of hire.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of sterile techniques and instruments.
4. Proven ability to comply with oral surgery practice requirements and regulation.
5. Ability to communicate effectively and maintain cooperative relationships with providers, staff members, patients and the medical community. Ability to employ tact, diplomacy and compassion with all types of people.
6. Understanding of the confidentiality laws that govern the provider-patient relationship, including but not limited to HIPAA guidelines.
7. Radiology Certification required within six (6) months of hire.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.