At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
The Registered Nurse is a nonexempt position that provides professional nursing care to patients on the surgical unit during his/her assigned shift. This care shall be rendered in a safe and effective manner that is consistent with KRMC’s policies, and procedures.
1. *Demonstrates a commitment to professionalism, civility, teamwork and customer service while undertaking all tasks and interactions with others.
2. *Exhibits knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to the RN’s specific job duties, patient care and safety. Knowledge of staffing standards and a demonstrated commitment to cost containment with all resources.
3. *Operates and maintains equipment to departmental standards.
4. *Maintains nursing standards of care, and executes appropriate physician orders.
5. *While executing patient care, demonstrates knowledge of and maintains the patient’s right to diversity, privacy and confidentiality.
6. *Performs a comprehensive assessment of patient on admission and at regular intervals appropriate for the condition of the patient or as ordered by the physician/provider.
7. *Administers medications, treatments, physician/provider specified care and intravenous therapy to patients in compliance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures.
8. *Performs reassessment of patient(s) to monitor status, identify changes in vital signs, lab work or status, implement interventions as ordered or defined, and to evaluate patient responses to treatment or therapy in compliance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures.
9. *Communicats of all appropriate and critical changes in the patient’s condition, status and findings to the appropriate physician/provider in a timely manner or as defined by policies and procedures and/or physician/provider orders.
10. *Documents all clinical findings and required regulatory mandates in the chart in compliance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures or as defined by regulatory requirements.
11. *Completes and demonstrates competency/currency in unit specific required yearly competencies and educational requirements as defined by the assigned Unit department manager and CNO.
12. *Complies with and maintains regulatory compliance requirements as defined for the nursing care on the unit and according to hospital standards.
1. Current Montana RN License
2. BSN degree preferred, or must be able to obtain within 5 years of employment
3. Current Health Care Provider BLS
4. One year of previous Acute Care experience preferred
5. National Certification in Med/Surg Nursing preferred
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.