At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: Promote a positive and professional practice image. Perform a variety of medically-related clerical, accounting and billing tasks to facilitate the smooth flow of patients through the practice. Oversee patient registration, check-in and other duties as required.
1. Assist in duties required by each individual clinic/department including but not limited to;
a. Serve as a patient advocate,
b. Greet and check-in arriving patients in a professional manner,
c. Verify patient demographic information and method of payment is current,
d. Collect and process co-pays and payments,
e. Answer phones and direct calls appropriately and
f. Assist in keeping track of clerical supplies.
2. Observe confidentiality and safeguard all patient related information in accordance with all Federal, State, HIPAA rules, regulations and laws.
3. Perform basic billing procedures, referrals and document scanning.
4. Maintain administrative filing system and retrieve information from files when needed.
5. Assist with multiple office duties to ensure customer service and support for medical practice.
6. Adhere to and follow organization and clinic specific policies and procedures.
7. Respond to a changing workload in a positive and professional manner by remaining calm, making objective assessments, prioritizing and asking for assistance when appropriate.
8. Work independently and within a team to ensure efficient patient registration and check-out processes.
1. Education and/or experience commensurate with 12 months experience within a medical setting (e.g., physician office, clinic, or hospital) preferred. Other combinations of education and experience will be considered.
2. Ability to successfully demonstrate computer experience through pre-employment assessments preferred.
3. Possess computer experience including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, preferred.
4. Knowledge of equipment, supplies and processes used in a medical office setting preferred.
5. Proven ability to multi-task, problem solve and take initiative to complete position requirements.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally, and maintain cooperative relationships with providers, staff members and patients.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.