At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: Clinical Wellness Coaches are responsible for working with physician referred clients with multiple chronic health issues to assist them in moving towards their health and wellness goals. Coaches will engage clients through a multitude of avenues (wellcoaching, activity immersion, wellness education, etc.) to provide an optimal environment conducive to health and wellness with face-to-face, telephonic, online, and small/large group sessions.
1. *Reviews physician referral and health history questionnaire and assesses client’s well-being status, readiness for change and motivation to adopt new health and wellness behaviors that are conducive to a higher quality of life and improved health status.
2. *Works with client, establishing strengths, helping to refine a wellness vision, create SMART weekly, 3-month, and long-term program goals appropriate to their medical condition. Adjusts and revises in concordance with client progress and needs.
3. *Implements a range of interventions/skills including coaching, counseling, coordination, education, referral and advocacy to gain access to clinical and non-clinical services and resources for the client throughout the Summit, KRH, community, and the internet.
4. *Ensures all initial and final outcome documents/biometrics are obtained for each client and is responsible for entering data into master outcome spreadsheet/database within 30 days of graduation date.
5. *Documents client records/activities and coaching sessions in established written and electronic filing systems in accordance with privacy and HIPAA laws, ensuring client privacy at all times.
6. *Communicates with referring physician for each client with entry, discharge, and untoward event reporting. Sends personalized “midway motivation” letters as well as other program appropriate literature to all clients, utilizing their preferences for contact as well as the program guidelines for monitoring progress
7. Participates in the monthly “Journey to Wellness” program calendar of events in the form of presentations, Wellsprings group facilitation, Positively Happy Hour ideas, blog contribution, quote of the week submission, etc.
8. *Conducts biometric screenings including but not limited to finger stick lipid and glucose screens, body composition measures and blood pressure. Interprets results and provides recommendations for improving scores.
9. Conducts, reviews, interprets, and analyzes cardiopulmonary exercise tests.
10. Participates in organization and community Health Fairs to promote the Summit and or provide wellness screening services. Helps transport and set-up screening equipment. Assists with the marketing and promotion of the Summit Clinical Services.
11. *Maintains current knowledge of chronic diseases and associated medications; uses this information to provide the best coaching strategies and environment in order to facilitate participant success in progressing toward their health and wellness goals.
*Maintains regular and consistent attendance at work as scheduled by department leadership.
1. Certification as a Wellness Coach from a nationally recognized organization such as Wellcoaches, required.
2. ACSM Exercise Is Medicine specialty certification required.
3. Four year degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Counseling, Nursing or Psychology or related helping degree required, Graduate Degree preferred.
4. 2 – 3 years of direct experience facilitating/coaching positive behavior change for clients with varying levels of chronic health conditions.
5. Current BLS certification required.
6. Knowledge of medical terminology for communication with referral physicians regarding client plan of care and/or changing health needs.
7. Demonstrates strong communication skills both verbal and written with tangible examples of working within a team successfully.
8. Must demonstrate patience, flexibility and resourcefulness, as well as, leadership skills in order to engage challenging populations throughout the course of the program.
9. Knowledge of cultural, ethnic, social and spiritual issues relevant to the provision of well-being required.
10. Knowledge and experience with routine clinical laboratory methods, universal blood and body fluid precautions, OSHA rules and regulations preferred.
11. Strong computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and scheduling software required.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.