At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
This position provides professional nursing care, which includes patient assessment, evaluation, treatment planning and documentation. Provides on-going interaction and observation of patient physical and behavioral symptoms, within the psychiatric/chemical dependency unit. Coordinates care with other disciplines. Services adult, geriatric and adolescent populations.
1. *Demonstrates a commitment to professionalism, civility, teamwork and customer service while undertaking all tasks and interactions with others.
2. *Knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to the RN’s specific job duties, patient care and safety.
3. *Operates and maintains equipment to departmental standards.
4. *Performs comprehensive assessment of patients in accordance with Behavioral Health Policies and procedures with Unit Specific Standards.
5. *Manages medications by ensuring physician orders are implemented, evaluated, documented and by assuring proper administration of medication to each patient.
6. *Formulates, implements and evaluates nursing care plans. Updates care plan as necessary.
7. *Provides individual instruction to patients and their families concerning medications, health and medical needs. Provides timely, accurate and professional documentation according to facility policy.
8. *Ensures the rights of all patients are observed and protected through the use of appropriate and respectful communication.
9. *Performs proper de-escalation techniques, and correct physical restraint methods when necessary.
10. *Demonstrates basic knowledge of adult/adolescent emotional, mental health and disease concepts. Projects a positive role model image for patients and colleague and demonstrates teamwork with others.
1. Current Montana RN License.
2. Experience in mental health field and/or chemical dependency preferred.
3. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and at least two (2) years’ experience in the nursing field preferred. New grad applicants may be considered.
4. BSN degree preferred, or must be able to obtain within five (5) years of employment.
5. Experience in mental health field and/or chemical dependency preferred.
6. Psychiatric Certification preferred.
7. Current CPR.
8. Knowledge of cultural, ethnic, social, historical and spiritual issues relevant to the provision of mental health treatment preferred.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.