Promote a positive and professional practice image. Perform a variety of medically related clerical, accounting and billing tasks to facilitate the smooth flow of patients through the practice. Perform duties ranging from patient registration to other duties as required. Point of contact for patients, staff and/or physicians of the specialty department. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload. Employee must work well in a team environment.
- *Maintain the knowledge and abilities to accomplish and/or lead all tasks and job functions assigned to Level II or III Clinic Office Clerk. Is knowledgeable of all types of insurance and able to correctly update all demographics in the current software system.
- *General front desk responsibilities including but not limited to; scheduling of all types of appointments and procedures according to clinic needs, confirming appointments, customer service, preparing schedules, answering phones, collection of insurance co-pays and account balances, rooming patients, making copies and faxing.
- *Provide timely and responsive customer service. Serve as a patient advocate.
- *Work with the department leadership to ensure that the clinic is run smoothly and efficiently for the patients and providers.
- *Work with physicians, mid-levels and clinical support staff including but limited to referring offices, outreach clinic sites, other KRH departments, etc; to ensure that patients have a positive clinic experience.
- *Assist clinic leadership with duties including but not limited to coordination of daily clinic schedules, meetings, maintaining provider information, data entry and maintenance for various clinic programs, inventory management, and/or monthly reporting duties.
- *Demonstrate an ability to respond to a changing workload in a positive and professional manner. Responds to changing workloads and patient conditions by: remaining calm, making objective assessments, prioritizing, using excellent written and verbal communication skills and asking for assistance when appropriate
- *Serve as the contact person for the area of specialty during normal business hours
- *Assists clinical staff and leadership with maintaining compliance, quality, regulatory, and patient safety for the area of specialty.
- *Provide additional back-up front office support for the entire RMHL practice
- High school graduate or equivalency preferred; other combinations of education and experience may be considered. Minimum of 1 year experience in a medical office, clinic, or other customer service setting required. Healthcare experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills required. Experience with Microsoft office including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of modern office methods, clerical equipment, operations and process. Must be familiar with: medical terminology and abbreviations, ICD-9 and ICD-10, CPT and HCPC coding, medical practice forms, reports and processing methods, and possess a fundamental knowledge of basic medical billing procedures. Understanding of the confidentiality laws that govern the provider-patient relationship, including but not limited to HIPAA guidelines.
- Team player. Positive attitude. Adaptable. Strong organizational skills. Must be able to employ tack, diplomacy and compassion with all types of people. Strong decision making capabilities. Ability to interact with staff members, patients, providers, and medical community in a positive manner. Ability to take the initiative to evaluate and institute problem solving on a daily basis. Strong leadership, critical thinking and customer service skills. Ability to operate automated systems and other office equipment. Understand financial reporting. Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed