At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: To keep all assigned areas clean, sanitary and aseptic by scouting, scrubbing, mopping, polishing, using germicides and damp dusting while working under close supervision. Performs minor equipment repairs. Provide assistance to all Summit departments as requested. Duties shall be performed in a manner consistent with “The Summit’s” mission. Performance of duties must sincerely and positively reflect consideration, concern and confidence when interacting with others.
1. * Cleans assigned area as per daily cleaning procedure.
2. * Keeps fitness equipment clean, puts the exercise equipment away as needed. Tips exercise equipment for cleaning under once per week in the winter and once every 3 weeks in the summer or as needed.
3. * Steps in and assists fellow staff when necessary. Works as part of a cohesive team to ensure that The Summit facility is always exceptionally clean for all facility uses. Takes pride in performing all job functions.
4. * Performs all custodial duties assigned.
5. * Replaces disposable supplies such as soaps, toilet paper, paper towels, trash linens, etc.
6. * Knows the proper custodial chemical to use, uses them appropriately and safely and is familiar with chemical MSDS sheets and emergency procedures.
7. * Cleans locker rooms daily including the showers, walls, floors, sinks, bathroom stalls, using acid and non-acid based chemicals.
8. * Cleans vents, lights, rafters and fixtures using ladders and/or man-lifts as needed.
9. * Scrubs stairs and tiles as needed.
10. * Operates and maintains auto scrubbers and vacuums.
11. * Cleans offices – dumps, garbage, dusts, vacuums, and wipes down the counters.
12. * Snow removal from all walks and stairs.
13. Dumps trash 1x2 times per shift by lifting bag out of trash can and either carries or puts the trash on a cart and takes to outside garbage bin and disposes of it there.
14. Unloads stock as needed into cleaning storage room.
1. Current HS AED CPR certification required (new employees are given 90 days to obtain certification).
1. Ability to understand written and oral instructions.
2. Basic arithmetic ability: Addition and subtraction
3. Knowledge of how to use cleaning equipment and devices, such as mops, vacuums, scrubbing and polishing machines preferred.
4. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.