At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Assist the physicians/providers with the examination and treatment of patients and perform routine tasks required to ensure the Clinic runs smoothly; participate in the planning and evaluation of patient care. Services pediatric, adult and geriatric populations.
1. *Develops, implements and revises individualized, goal directed nursing care to patients through the use of the nursing process as appropriate for RN’s in the clinic setting.
2. *Demonstrates an ability to respond to a changing workload in a positive professional manner. Response to changing workloads and patient conditions by remaining calm, making objective assessments, prioritizing, and asking for assistance when appropriate.
3. *Transcribes and implements physician orders and treatments both verbal and written accurately and efficiently as noted by chart reviews and observation. Consistently problem solving issues affecting patient care.
4. *Demonstrates a thorough practice of infection control procedures including washing hands before and after each patient encounter, cleaning, packaging, sterilizing and maintaining ample supply of sterilized instruments and supplies for procedures, cleaning exam rooms, counters, and table tops, per clinic policy. Collects, packages, and accurately labels all specimens immediately upon receipt; forward to designated labs according to established protocols.
5. *Clinical Staff of physician clinics have clerical responsibilities that include but are not limited to the following: A) Greets patients and escorts them to the exam/procedure rooms. B) Triages patient telephone calls and provides education. C) Makes appointments for patients with specialists; schedules hospital admissions, outside ancillary tests and procedures as directed. D) Assists clerical staff in all clinically/medically related phone calls. E) Retrieves prescription calls from fax machine at least three times a day or as scheduled by supervisor and responds according to office protocol. F) Records services rendered on fee tickets and checks for accuracy. G) Assist in pulling charts, filing, telephone answering, and other duties needed to provide better customer service throughout the clinic.
6. Serves as a primary liaison with KRMC services and providers. Coordinates patient transfers and patient appointments.
7. Helps advance the growth, quality of care and patient satisfaction of the clinic. Represents the clinic and participates in community health and wellness activities as appropriate and directed.
1. Current Montana RN license.
2. BSN degree preferred, or must be able to obtain within 5 years of employment.
3. Minimal two years experience in similar position in a medical setting (e.g., physician office, clinic, or hospital).
4. Knowledge of professional nursing theory to give and evaluate patient care; basic medical office procedure and medical terminology.
5. First Aid and Healthcare Provider CPR certificates required.
6. Knowledge of equipment, supplies, and instruments used in a medical office; simple routine clinical laboratory methods, universal blood and body fluid precautions; OSHA rules and regulations, established protocol for storing poisons, narcotics, acids, caustics, and flammable items; restrictions imposed by various managed care carriers, various forms inherent to profession; patient confidentiality regulations.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.