At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Provides clerical services to support the function and staff of the Operating Room so that they may provide optimal patient care. Duties are performed in a manner consistent with Kalispell Regional Medical Center Customer Service Policies and Mission Statement. Uses effective and articulate professionalism in written documents and verbal communication while interacting with medical staff, co-workers, patients and their family members.
1. *Ability to schedule surgical and endoscopy procedures accurately and efficiently. Assists with the coordination of OR resources to ensure appropriate and timely use of needed equipment and supplies.
2. Perform effective, professional customer service skills, respect patient privacy and confidentiality through an understanding of HIPAA compliance.
3. *Responsible for building relationships with physician offices to improve efficiency and productivity.
4. Required to exhibit professionalism during interactions with medical staff, co-workers, patients and their families, demonstrating caring and cooperation.
5. *Responsible for the creation and maintenance of charts for all surgical patients.
6. *Maintain current skills in computer software to include but not limited to Meditech, FormFast, and Merge.
7. Assist other departments by scheduling anesthesia blocks for patients.
8. Work closely with managers and charge nurses in the daily operation of the surgical front desk as well as assigned special projects.
1. High school graduate or equivalent required, with at least three (3) years’ experience in medical related organization.
2. Training in secretarial skills, e.g., computer (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook), transcription, telephone systems, and general office equipment.
3. Professional written and verbal communication skills, time management, thoroughness and attention to detail. Ability to work independently in an effective and organized manner, identify inconsistencies in data and a willingness to raise questions when appropriate.
4. Basic knowledge and understanding of Medical Terminology.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.