At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Facilitates outstanding customer service and smooth patient flow by: completing patient appointments. This includes; check in, registering, and check out as needed, as well as completing other necessary clinical & clerical duties. Will be responsible for working closely with other clinics/ facilities in coordinating patient schedules for future appointments.
1. *Schedules appointments or medical procedures and monitors call backs. Performs the complete patient check in and check out process. Schedules and coordinates follow up appointments, ultrasounds and referrals to other clinics/facilities as needed.
2. *Provides reception duties including: professional phone skills, exceptional customer relations and the ability to take messages accurately.
3. *Responsible for completing all records requests. Mail/fax letters of referral, etc. as requested.
4. *Processes insurance information: authorization requests, etc.
5. *Maintains office supplies.
6. *Works closely with all clinic staff to ensure the clinic runs smoothly.
7. *Multi-tasks, adapts, and quickly follows direction to meet clinic needs.
8. *Capable of supporting RN and physicians as necessary.
9. * Performs and assists with Revenue and Revenue Cycle related tasks including, but not limited to; correcting demographic/insurance information as needed on claims, reconciling daily clinic deposits, submitting weekly and monthly reports to select leadership as needed.
1. Minimum two (2) years office experience required, medical office preferred.
2. Computer skills required with MediTech experience preferred.
3. Knowledgeable of the clinical care provided in the office setting along with insurance requirements, scanning and attaching documents within the EMR, back office processes, and medical terminology knowledge.
4. Prior experience with customer service, including answering and placing calls in a professional manner.
5. Must be able to multi-task efficiently, self-motivate needing little supervision. Ability to communicate well, both verbally and written, with all levels of healthcare professionals and patients.
6. Ability to take instructions and follow through with attention to detail.
7. Knowledge of approval requests and HIS/PHS policy and procedures.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.