At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Decontaminates and sterilizes surgical instruments for use in the operating room and throughout the hospital and clinics. Assembles surgical trays and tracks and maintains the total inventory of instruments and implants. Delivers patient care equipment and supplies to requesting units within the hospital. This position is not responsible for providing patient care.
1. *Greets other employees, patients, and family members with integrity, respect, and a positive attitude.
2. * Provides excellent service to coworkers, physicians, other departments, patients, and their families.
3. *Shows compassion to patients, coworkers, and other department staff. Ability to interact with the OR staff positively and efficiently.
4. *Provides service to peers/department by assisting on either the clean or dirty side as needed, helps co-workers as needed and provides service to other departments.
5. *Possesses a good working knowledge of instrument sets, reprocessing, and using/printing instrument set sheets.
6. *Ensures instrument sets are complete, and advises appropriate staff if they are unable to locate a missing instrument.
7. *Proficient in putting away instruments/sets in the OR in the correct location.
8. *Assists with folding/wrapping/processing linen during downtime.
9. *Ability to appropriately recognize and process OR items that require expedited turnover time. Ensures that these items are returned to the appropriate OR for the next scheduled case.
10. *Ability to function independently on call (following the appropriate orientation process).
11. *Attends staff meetings, completes mandatory education, participates in unit education, as well as precepting new employees if applicable.
1. Minimum of one (1) years’ experience in a healthcare setting or vocational training in healthcare preferred. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
2. Demonstrates excellent communication skills. Including the ability to follow written and verbal instructions required.
3. Demonstrates ability to develop and maintain cooperative relationships with providers, staff members and patients. Must work effectively in a team environment.
4. Self-motivated and able to prioritize workload.
5. Attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness required.
6. Strong customer service skills and ability to multi-task.
7. Ability to use good judgment, apply a high degree of integrity and maintain confidentiality at all times.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.