At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: Performs respiratory services and tests as requested by physicians and other health care professionals. Assists peers with patient care relating to respiratory. Acts as resource person for all respiratory issues. Performs respiratory duties within the scope of State of Montana requirements. Assures compliance with State and Federal requirements regarding respiratory services. Performs test procedures following KME policy. Follows FDA and OSHA guidelines. Assures proper level of supplies for respiratory care. Markets respiratory services and gives in-services on respiratory equipment, etc. Installs and instructs customers on the use of equipment. Knowledge of reimbursement from Medicare, Medicaid, and other third party payors. Acts as a spokesperson for Kalispell Medical Equipment.
1. *Perform competencies on all applicable KME staff for respiratory related equipment.
2. Work with Business Development Specialist when asked for in-services to referral sources.
3. *Performs all functions of a licensed respiratory therapist in a non-acute setting. Instructs, administers, and monitors various respiratory care services and treatment to patients while demonstrating a strong work ethic and setting an example of quality patient care.
4. *Checks and maintains respiratory therapy equipment in use by patients to ensure proper function and correct use by patient. Ensure all respiratory equipment needing annual calibrations are sent in for calibration timely. Trouble shoots problems with concentrators and liquid systems.
5. Primary contact for Sleep Apnea Services and sleep related products. Is responsible for assessing patient status regarding the proper use and function of sleep apnea equipment and products.
6. Maintains and records all patient treatments on patient chart, in department records, and in appropriate therapeutic protocols. Places follow up calls to customers for quality assurance.
7. Assists in maintaining accreditation standards with regard to respiratory equipment and protocols as established in policy.
8. Monitors prescriptions for respiratory equipment and supplies. Uses the WVO (written verbal order).
9. Works with referral sources on the provision of services and product availability. Has a working knowledge of wheelchairs, scooters, lifts, respiratory equipment and other miscellaneous equipment and products rented or sold through KME. Sells and fits medical equipment to customers.
10. Performs sales representative duties to Physician Offices, Physicians, and other Medical Facilities regarding DME and respiratory issues when necessary.
11. Monitors HIPPA, Compliance and maintains Fiscal Responsibility regarding Respiratory and DME services along with related policies and procedures.
12. May review, revise and/or establish Respiratory Therapy Policies/Procedures following HQAA guidelines in consultation with other therapists and Manager.
13. Evaluate reimbursement allowables vs. new services and fees established on existing services to determine the addition of new respiratory and /or DME services. Advises Manager of any need to change or eliminate services.
1. Graduate of an AMA-approved school for Respiratory Care.
2. RRT credential as certified by the National Board of Respiratory Care.
3. Montana RCP License.
4. CPR Certification required.
5. Working knowledge of Respiratory Therapy and DME equipment, products services and regulations.
6. Knowledge of all third party reimbursement guidelines.
7. Knowledge of OSHA, FDA, and DOT rules and regulations regarding oxygen services and delivery of oxygen.
8. Computer skills to include software related to DME billing and case management.
9. Proficient in marketing, prioritizing and troubleshooting. Good organizational and written and verbal communication skills.
10. Good driving record. Must be 21 years old.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.