The Interventional Technologist will provide technical support for procedures in the Cardiac Cath Lab, Electrophysiology Lab, Structural Heart Hybrid OR, and/or Interventional Radiology.
1. *Performs and reviews patient history. Evaluates patient response to diagnostic or interventional maneuvers during procedures.
2. *Provides patient care in interventional lab as directed by the physician. Assists with procedures performed by cardiologists and radiologists.
3. *Operates and maintains per specifications and guidelines, all diagnostic and therapeutic equipment used for procedures.
4. *Monitors patients during procedures.
5. *Assists with maintenance of inventory for interventional labs.
6. *Sets up procedure trays prior to procedure start. Participates and coordinates patient care and flow.
7. *Exhibits proper safety as appropriate to the area. This includes, but may not be limited to; proper radiation safety for all who enter the room. Reports all malfunctioning equipment and or errors. Documents all safety related issues and outcomes.
8. *Participates in developing and updating procedures and protocols.
9. *Maintains accountability to technologist competency and quality control standards.
10. *Actively continues education and stays abreast of current technology and trends in the interventional cardiology and/or interventional radiology field.
11. *Participates in on-call coverage for interventional labs.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
2. AART Certification in Radiology (R) required.
3. Current X-Ray License required.
4. BLS and ACLS required (ACLS-within six (6) months of employment).
5. Current Montana Radiologic Technology License (upon hire).
6. Experience in Interventional Cardiology and/or Radiology preferred.