We are guardians of an amazing organization that provides outstanding services to our community. In our work performance we seek to exemplify Kalispell Regional Health System values in our everyday interactions and tasks through integrity, compassion, service, excellence and ownership.
The Respiratory Care Practitioner provides professional respiratory therapy care to patients of all ages and in every patient care area as assigned. This care shall be rendered in a safe and effective manner that is consistent with KRH’s policies and procedures.
- Attends to patient’s needs promoting health, comfort and life.
- Demonstrates commitment to professionalism, civility, teamwork and customer service while undertaking all tasks and interactions with others
- Exhibits knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to the RT’s specific job duties, patient care and safety.
- Competently performs basic respiratory therapy skills to include, but not limited to; management of mechanical ventilation and non-invasive ventilation modalities, medication administration, use of varied medical equipment, utilization of electronic medical record documentation, and assists providers within the respiratory scope of practice. Skill set will be validated with preceptor and annually as outlined in unit specific competency program.
- Assumes professional accountability for maintaining competency as outlined in the unit based structure and peer review fulfilling the respiratory department and organization’s goals.
- Makes sound scope of practice-related judgments and decisions while delivering excellent patient care which is reflected in quality documentation, patient outcomes, and various data components.
- Participates as an engaged team member working collegially with staff members within and outside of the unit.
8. Population served will include neonatal, pediatric, adolescents, adult, and geriatric care patients from diverse cultural backgrounds. The respiratory therapist will deliver individualized culturally sensitive patient care accordingly.