At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
The Communication Center Dispatcher answers priority lines and dispatches appropriately. This position monitors and operates security infrastructure to include; closed circuit camera systems, alarm panels, radios, mass communication, and flight following systems.
1. *Answers priority line calls and initiates response for all incoming Code Events, Alarm Activations and other requests.
2. *Monitors and notifies responding medical personnel after activation of Telehealth program protocol. Provides instant communication for internal Stroke Response agencies and prioritizes activation procedures.
3. *Dispatches the ALERT flight teams, secures ground transportation when necessary, monitors flight schedule, and notifies other providers as needed.
4. *Monitors flight following software and dispatches assets for the ALERT program advanced aero medical team.
5. *Utilizes complex technology systems including, but not limited to: Amcom Phone and On Call System, Record Management system, Service Requester, Meditech, Vehicle Registration database, Physician On-Call software, paging systems, OB systems, alarm systems, Emergency Notification System and multiple camera systems.
6. *Assures that emergency procedures are followed with the appropriate notifications.
7. *Continuously monitors the Security and Maintenance radio channels, alarm panels, surveillance cameras, and electronic security systems.
8. *Identifies areas of concern and makes strategic recommendations for improvements to the Communication Center Supervisor.
9. *Assures compliance for entry and modification of On Call schedules for associated departments and clinics. Requests monthly schedules from departments and clinics when needed and assures that all schedules are entered in the designated system accurately and timely.
1. Computer proficiency as evidenced by pre-employment competency assessments, to include typing, general medical terminology, ten-key data entry and proof reading.
2. Must pass CritiCall Public-Safety Dispatcher/Calltaker Pre-Employment Testing, within three (3) months of employment.
3. Previous experience in healthcare, fire, EMS, or law enforcement dispatching preferred.
4. Must communicate effectively and maintain cooperative relationships with providers, staff members, patients and the medical community. Ability to employ tact, diplomacy and compassion with all types of people. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written required.
5. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service and meeting quality standards for area. Possess an understanding of the confidentiality laws that govern the provider-patient relationship, including but not limited to HIPAA guidelines.
6. Must be able to manage fast paced and stressful work environment to include managing hospital response to critical code calls. Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple inputs on critical calls.
7. Experience working with multifaceted technologies, i.e. telephones, computers, and sophisticated computer programs. Ability to learn additional software as needed.
8. Must be able to hear and understand normal phone conversations. Must be able to differentiate between colors, read a computer screen, and speak clearly over multi-channel radio systems or other communication devices
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.