Responsible for performing the first steps in the Revenue Cycle by obtaining accurate patient demographic information, validating addresses, identifying and validating insurance information for all hospital and clinics. This position is often one of the first experiences a patient may have with KRH and are responsible for excelling in providing a friendly, caring, compassionate registration experience.
1. *Performs Point of Service (POS) collections. Provides packets and information to new patients and explains KRH’s payment policies.
2. *Greets all patients, families, guests, coworkers, etc., professionally by making eye contact and offering a greeting.
3. *Answers and places calls in a kind and professional manner displaying compassion and care.
4. *Performs the registration process in accordance with the type of scheduled care/service being rendered. (Radiology, Inpatient/Outpatient hospital, clinic services, etc.) This includes patient demographic information, address validation insurance selection and validation and determining attending, admitting and/or referring provider. Visits patients at bedside if needed to complete process. Validates information using appropriate software.
5. *Collects and scans patient IDs and insurance cards per department procedures.
6. *Performs all Registration QA edits daily per department protocol.
7. *Completes Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) questionnaire as required by Medicare and performs other duties required by regulation or law Including, but not limited to; Notice of Patient Privacy (NPP), Service Agreement (SA) etc.
8. *Acts as concierge for those patients travelling to KRH by supplying directions to facilities, ideas for lodging, food, etc.
9. *Performs Claim Edits as required.
10. *Successfully meets department goals and objectives as set forward by leadership. These goals include, but are not limited to; accuracy rate goals, collection goals, productivity goals, etc.
11. *Approaches each day with enthusiasm and is able to positively motivate themselves and others to consistently deliver exceptional customer service and interact professionally with all.
1. Proficient with computers including Microsoft Office and spreadsheets required. Possess the ability to learn other software as needed.
2. Prior experience in a healthcare organization working with clinicians, insurance carriers, government entities preferred.
3. Strong customer service skills, professional phone etiquette and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
4. Must possess professional communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as work effectively with a diverse customer and coworker population.
5. Proven ability to take initiative, exercise independent judgment, and proactively problem-solve.
6. Understanding of the confidentiality laws that govern the provider-patient relationship, including but not limited to HIPAA guidelines.