At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
This position is responsible for administering and ensuring company compensation programs support business strategies. This role provides internal analytical expertise and consulting services related to compensation functions and program work. Development of partnership within the organization to fully understand business needs is core to the role. Overall day to day work may include job evaluations, assessment and interpretation of salary data, and participation in compensation surveys. Will provide guidance and policy interpretation to managers and HRBPs related to compensation. Will assist in compensation projects including incentive plan design and documentation, developing of efficient compensation processes, development of salary structures and sustaining the organizations compensation philosophy.
1. *Performs job analysis and classifies a wide variety of jobs across job families and pay ranges.
2. *Provides advice and guidance to management in job re-design and/or establishing career ladders.
3. *Performs comprehensive and detailed data analysis to determine competitive position to update salary range structures and market reference data annually and assists with the annual salary planning process as needed.
4. *Conducts special compensation studies of salary and pay practices. Analyzes data, creates and presents reports, calculates budget impact and develops recommendations as appropriate.
5. *Assists and/or leads large special compensation projects. Participates in project from conceptualization to implementation.
6. *Provides guidance to departments on salary actions; e.g., job reclassifications, developmental growth plans, promotions, bonus/pay supplements, overtime calculations, annual increases, internal/external equity adjustments, according to established policies and procedures and/or federal/state/local laws and regulations.
7. *Reviews and audits all new hire wage offers against organizational compensation philosophy. Collaborates with HR team and Leadership to ensure a competitive wage program while keeping within the compensation philosophy.
8. *Compiles and analyzes salary surveys and obtains comprehensive market data to market price the positions and compare internally to company positions. Recommends new position pay levels based on research and conclusions made from compiled research and customer input.
9. *Represents the compensation function on HR and organization wide committees.
10. *Oversee the utilization, maintenance, integration with other systems, and report production of HRIS system.
11. *Contributes to overall HR team effort in delivering high quality service and projects. Makes recommendations to improve processes and efficiency. Assists with coordination of and/or leads efforts for a wide variety of ongoing or annual HR projects.
1. Bachelor Degree in Business, Accounting Information Systems, or Human Resources or minimum ten (5) years work experience in a similar position. Healthcare experience a plus
2. PHR/SPHR preferred. CCP certification also a plus.
3. Working knowledge of principles, theories and concepts for administering compensation programs, including working knowledge of staff compensation policies, procedures, best practices, applicable laws and regulations, e.g., Fair Labor Standards Act.
4. Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with others and interact with various levels of employees in a highly decentralized, complex and large organization.
5. High level of discretion, tact, diplomacy, and professionalism.
6. Must possess ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
7. Highly analytical with the ability to conduct job audits/interviews, perform detailed analysis of qualitative and quantitative data including skill in creating complex spreadsheets which require the use of complex formulas.
8. Advanced technical proficiencies in HRIS functionality, report writing and Excel. Proficiencies should also include the ability to identify, assess, synthesize and implement opportunities for automation. Experience with Meditech preferred.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.