At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: Works on a variety of functions. Maintains and operates a variety of landscaping equipment. Performs other duties as directed. Reports to Groundkeeper Supervisor. Must make independent judgments under stressful situations at times. Must work in planned manner without direct supervision. Must exercise independent judgment and discretion.
1. *Assists Groundkeeper Supervisor maintaining, upgrading NWHC landscape as necessary by mowing, trimming, edging, weeding, pruning, grading, dethatching, fertilization, weed management, proper use of chemicals, retaining wall construction, tree trimming, and planting. Maintain, upgrade and perform repairs as needed to sprinkler and irrigation systems.
2. Must exercise independent judgment and have strong communications skills and maintain good internal working relationship with all departments and staff.
3. *Perform pest management duties and pesticide applications as needed through-out the campus.
4. *Perform snow removal duties with minimal supervision.
5. *Perform preventative maintenance and repairs to all Grounds equipment as needed.
6. *Uses all Grounds equipment properly, safely without supervision.
7. *Continues education on and off the job to keep abreast of technology, plant diagnostic & treatments, landscaping equipment, changes, or retrofits.
8. *Assists Facility Engineers in a utility worker capacity when needed.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Must have an aptitude to all equipment involved in landscaping.
3. Continuing education is a requirement of the job.
4. Must have a valid Montana driver’s license.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.