Assist clinical and clerical staff in all duties necessary in day-to-day activities in the physician clinic. Assist and train staff in clinical functions. Focus on assisting all other staff in areas of patient care and documentation. Acts as the primary person to take patient, pharmacy and voice mail calls. Acts as a supervisor in the absence of Clinical Coordinator. Assist with scheduling clinical staff as requested by Management. Assists the physicians/providers with the examination and treatment of patients and perform routine tasks required to ensure the Clinic runs smoothly; participate in the planning and evaluation of patient care. Services pediatric, adult and geriatric populations. Float position is responsible for the nurse visits & managing pro-time patients making sure physician orders are implemented.
1. Develops, implements and revises individualized, goal directed nursing care to patients through the use of the nursing process as appropriate for clinical staff in the clinic setting. Ensures the rights of all patients are observed and protected through the use of appropriate and respectful communication. Assist and train staff in clinical functions. Acts as supervisor in the absence of Clinical Coordinator. Assists with scheduling clinical staff as requested by Management.
2. Performs and documents physical, psychosocial, and spiritual assessment of assigned patients using all available sources of information and incorporating the patients’ perception of illness/condition. Assists provider with examinations and procedures as directed in accordance with established nursing standards. Prepares and administers specified medications and injections as prescribed by the provider.
3. Demonstrates an ability to respond to a changing workload in a positive and professional manner. Responds to changing workloads and patient conditions by: remaining calm, making objective assessments, prioritizing, and asking for assistance when appropriate. Project a positive role model image for patients and colleagues and able to demonstrate teamwork with others. Demonstrates commitments to cost containment with all resources
4. Transcribes, and implements physician orders and treatments both verbal and written accurately and efficiently as noted by chart reviews and observations. Consistently problem solving issues affecting patient care during nurse visits and pro-time management. Coordinates care with other disciplines.
5. Has clerical responsibilities that include but are not limited to the following:
6. Follows triage protocols determined by medical director. Documents in nurses notes all telephone encounters. Documents all medication refills per office policy and per triage protocols. Communicates with providers in office any urgent telephone requests and documents accordingly.