At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Assigns appropriate ICD 10 CM, ICD 10 PCS AND CPT 4 to inpatient and outpatient records. Abstracts designated criteria for tracking, reporting and reimbursement purposes.
1. *Accurately assigns diagnosis, procedure codes and DRG’s to inpatient, day surgery, observation, outpatient, and emergency room records utilizing appropriate coding guidelines.
2. *Accurately follows all coding guidelines and legal requirements to ensure compliance with Federal and State regulatory bodies.
3. *Communicates effectively with physicians/physician offices to clarify diagnosis or procedures for appropriate code assignment when documentation is unclear. This standard is based on the departmental goal of <2% error rate. This score may be adjusted based on years of coding experience, demonstrated improvement in accuracy and other factors.
4. *Meets following productivity standards listed below or as outlined in department procedures:
a. Inpatient Acute: 2.5/hour
b. Inpatient NB/OB/Observation/Same Day Surgeries/Special Procedures: 5/hour
c. Emergency Department: 12/hour
d. Clinics/OB Outpatients: 40/hour
e. Charges ED Inpatients/OBS: 6/hours
f. Charges Ed Outpatients: 15/hour
g. This score may be adjusted based on years of coding experience, demonstrated improvement in productivity and other factors.
5. *Performs Charge capture within 4 days of service. Enters all charges in Meditech system. Timely follow-up on accounts on hold. Requests new CDM numbers and annually reviews new and/or revised CPT4 codes requesting new and/or updated CDMs.
6. *Identifies lost charges and incorrect charges that have not been entered by various departments. Communicates to supervisor, responsible department, Health Information Management, Patient Accounts and/or Case Manager.
7. *Reports coding issues to supervisor and/or Revenue Integrity Coding Manager.
8. *Abstracts specified criteria for each inpatient, day surgery, observation, and emergency room encounter for reporting purposes and data elements for quality assurance.
9. *Validates all essential data elements that are entered by Admitting against the patients medical record when abstraction (i.e. disposition, patient status, patient type, etc.). Discrepancies are communicated back to Admitting for corrections.
10. *Demonstrates a commitment to professionalism while undertaking all tasks and in all interactions with patients, clients, physicians, facility staff and the community at large.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.