At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Facilitates outstanding customer service and smooth patient flow by completing patient appointments. This includes; check in, registering, and check out as needed, as well as completing other necessary clinical & clerical duties. Will be responsible for answering phones in a busy environment and successfully following through with the callers needs.
1. *Performs Practice Assistant job duties as required.
2. *Schedules appointments or medical procedures and monitors call backs. Performs the complete patient check in and check out process. Schedules and coordinates follow up appointments.
3. *Responsible for completing incoming and outgoing record requests. Per protocol, receives permission from Risk Management and physicians prior to releasing records.
4. *Processes insurance information, authorization requests, etc.
5. *Coordinates referrals to other clinics/facilities as needed.
6. *Prepares patient charts for visits.
7. *Responsible for helping to maintain consistent inventory of department office supplies by communicating with team members and placing orders as applicable.
8. *Works closely with all clinic staff to ensure the clinic runs smoothly.
9. *Multi-tasks, adapts, and quickly follows directions to meet clinic needs.
10. *Capable of supporting RN and physicians as necessary.
11. *Performs and assists with Revenue and Revenue Cycle related tasks including, but not limited to; correcting demographic/insurance information as needed on claims, reconciling daily clinic deposits, etc.
1. Possess the qualifications of a Practice Assistant.
2. Minimum of two (2) years office experience required. Medical office experience preferred.
3. Computer skills required with Meditech experience preferred.
4. Knowledgeable of the clinical care provided in the office setting along with insurance requirements, scanning and attaching documents within the EMR, back office processes, and medical terminology.
5. Possess fundamental knowledge of basic billing procedures. Knowledge and concept of referrals, and insurance EOB scanning.
6. Must be able to multi-task efficiently and self-motivate requiring little supervision. Ability to communicate well, both verbally and written, with all levels of healthcare professionals and patients.
7. Ability to take instructions and follow through with attention to detail.
8. Knowledge of approval requests and HIS/PHS policy and procedures.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.