Facilitates outstanding customer service and smooth patient flow by completing patient appointments. This includes; check in, registering, and check out as needed, as well as completing other necessary clinical & clerical duties. Will be responsible for answering phones in a busy environment and successfully following through with the callers needs
1. *Serves as a patient advocate.
2. *Provides reception duties including: professional phone skills, exceptional customer service and the ability to take messages accurately.
3. *Responsible for filing, including electronic filing.
4. *Responsible for the copying, mailing and/or faxing of medical records.
5. *Responsible for conducting appointment reminder calls.
6. *Assists with the inventory of office clerical supplies.
7. *Prepares patient charts for visits.
8. *Performs the complete patient check in and check out process. As well as scheduling appointments, collecting co-pays and other cash balancing duties as assigned.
1. *Performs Practice Assistant job duties as required.
2. *Schedules appointments or medical procedures and monitors call backs. Performs the complete patient check in and check out process. Schedules and coordinates follow up appointments.
3. *Responsible for completing incoming and outgoing record requests. Per protocol, receives permission from Risk Management and physicians prior to releasing records.
4. *Processes insurance information, authorization requests, etc.
5. *Coordinates referrals to other clinics/facilities as needed.
6. *Prepares patient charts for visits.
7. *Responsible for helping to maintain consistent inventory of department office supplies by communicating with team members and placing orders as applicable.
8. *Works closely with all clinic staff to ensure the clinic runs smoothly.
9. *Multi-tasks, adapts, and quickly follows directions to meet clinic needs.
10. *Capable of supporting RN and physicians as necessary.
11. *Performs and assists with Revenue and Revenue Cycle related tasks including, but not limited to; correcting demographic/insurance information as needed on claims, reconciling daily clinic deposits, etc.
1. *Performs Practice Assistant and Associate job duties as required.
2. *Acts as a Resource and Leader for Clinic office staff.
3. *Makes decisions regarding implementation of clinic policy and advises Clinic Office Manager.
4. *Acts as a resource to providers on CPT and ICD-10 Coding.
5. *Acts as a resource for questions regarding EOBs.
6. *Creates and processes claims.
7. *Verifies and inputs patient demographics into designated computer system.
8. *Performs all aspects of medical record processing.
9. *Responsible for the ordering of clinic office supplies.
10. *Assists Manager in coordination of office staff as requested.
Following initial employment:
· Minimum of six (6) months employment at present level.
· Written notification from employee of interest in changing levels.
· Management/employee consult.
· Demonstrate the ability to perform responsibilities of higher level position through requested testing.
1. Minimum of one (1) years’ experience in a healthcare setting or vocational training in healthcare preferred. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
2. Possess and maintain computer skills to include working knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel, and ability to learn other software as needed. Experience with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) preferred.
3. Strong customer service skills, professional phone etiquette and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
4. Knowledge of office methods, clerical equipment, operations and process.
5. Understanding of the confidentiality laws that govern the provider-patient relationship, including but not limited to HIPAA guidelines.
6. Ability to communicate effectively and maintain cooperative relationships with providers, staff members, patients and the medical community. Ability to employ tact, diplomacy and compassion with all types of people
1. Possess the qualifications of a Practice Assistant.
2. Minimum of two (2) years office experience required. Medical office experience preferred.
3. Computer skills required with Meditech experience preferred.
4. Knowledgeable of the clinical care provided in the office setting along with insurance requirements, scanning and attaching documents within the EMR, back office processes, and medical terminology.
5. Possess fundamental knowledge of basic billing procedures. Knowledge and concept of referrals, and insurance EOB scanning.
6. Must be able to multi-task efficiently and self-motivate requiring little supervision. Ability to communicate well, both verbally and written, with all levels of healthcare professionals and patients.
7. Ability to take instructions and follow through with attention to detail.
8. Knowledge of approval requests and HIS/PHS policy and procedures.
1. Possess the qualifications of a Practice Associate.
2. Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a medical field setting or clinic required.
3. Must be familiar with medical terminology and abbreviations, ICD-10, CPT and HCPC coding regulations, various medical forms, reports and processing methods.
4. Possess an understanding of Explanation of Benefits (EOB) and possess the knowledge to correct medical claims before submitting to insurance companies.
5. Possess a basic understanding of financial reporting.
6. Ability to take the initiative to evaluate and institute problem solving on a daily basis.
7. Possess leadership capabilities and skills.