At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Responsible for care, quality and daily operations for the OR, CVOR, PACU, SDS, GI Endoscopy and Sterile Processing Departments. Organizes, directs and coordinates the activities of the professional and support staff engaged in the direct care of patients on the unit. Interprets, implements and carries out administrative policies and procedures. Provides leadership that is consistent with the (a) core values, mission and ethics of KRH, (b) the policies and procedures or KRH, and (c) objectives necessary to achieve and maintain Magnet® designation.
Management Job Duties:
1. *Decision Making/ Judgment: Analyze problems or procedures, evaluate alternatives and select best course of action; use of logic and commonly accepted practices in decision making to ensure timely effective solutions.
2. *Human Resources: Create a supportive department culture by fostering individual motivation, coaching and training for optimum job performance. Collaborate with Human Resources to ensure each employee has the required and appropriate license and certification(s). Give direction without conflict. Anticipate staff problems and take preventive measures. Analyze and respond to employee turnover taking appropriate steps to maintain high employee morale and satisfaction. Educate employees on timekeeping policies and procedures to ensure accuracy. Review and approve the bi-weekly payroll for department employees. Responsible for completing 6-month and annual performance evaluations with employees on or before their due date for all employees supervised by the unit manager. Create job descriptions and job standards for each position and monitor to ensure accuracy. Plan work schedules and assign work to staff to ensure adequate service and coverage.
3. *Communication: Effectively share information, build relationships and influence positive outcomes. Demonstrate good collaboration, listening skills and effective verbal and written communication skills. Communicate clear and measurable expectations and participates in corrective actions as needed.
4. *Fiscal/ Productivity: Assist in the development of annual departmental operations and budgets. Monitor expenditures within budgetary guidelines, analyze variances and make appropriate adjustments. Demonstrate cost containment with all resources.
Job Specific Duties:
1. *Exhibits a demonstrated commitment to the mission and organizational values of KRH. Maintains standards of care and adheres to organizational policies/procedures.
2. *Maintains a demeanor of innovative and professional leadership, civility, teamwork and customer service while undertaking all tasks and interactions within the organization.
3. *Evaluates nursing services provided and makes recommendations for improvements.
4. *Delegates administrative and/or supervisory responsibilities of Clinical Nurse Managers.
5. *Promotes customer service through regular interaction with physicians, administrators, clinical staff, patients and the general public in a courteous manner and provide proactive service recovery.
6. *Coordinates and/or develops ongoing performance improvement activities for clinical staff and monitors nursing compliance with standards and regulatory requirements.
7. *Maintains knowledge of Magnet® principles and leads efforts to promote the application of the Magnet® model components for nursing. These competencies include the following:
7.1. Transformational leadership skills and the ability to (a) communicate a shared vision, (b) influence behaviors through coaching and positive role modeling (c) engaging in patient-centered care, (d)monitoring performance expectations, (d) provide constructive feedback and clinical mentoring, and (f) build teamwork through collaboration.
7.2. Structural empowerment as demonstrated by participation and support of shared governance models for (a) professional practice development by clinical nurses, (b) unit council meetings and activities, and (c) peer based committees for safety, ethics, research, evidence-base practice (EBP), quality improvement, clinical review, products, and documentation.
7.3. Exemplary practice as evidenced by fostering excellence through the use of evidence-based practice for clinical care standards, and (e) participation in improvement processes to enhance clinical performance.
7.4. Knowledge innovations as evidenced by the ability to (a) articulate patient care standards and current nursing practice (b)support clinical standards, policies and procedures, (c) foster unit specific education, and (d) encourage staff growth and education.
7.5. Empirical outcomes as demonstrated by (a) participation in data collection efforts as required and endorsed by KRH, (b) analysis of outcomes, (c) improvement activities based on the data analysis, and (d) contribution of the reporting improvement activities through designated KRH processes.
8. *Ensures delivery of compassionate quality care and nursing supervision as evidenced by adequate services and staff coverage on the unit.
1. Bachelors of Nursing required, Masters preferred from an accredited institution.
2. Current Montana nursing license required.
3. ANCC Leadership Certification preferred.
4. Minimum five years in a nursing leadership role.
5. Must not have any corrective action or disciplinary counseling within the last 24 months of employment.
6. Previous nursing management experience required.
7. Possess working knowledge of the health care environment, health care reform and care delivery systems as they apply to the clinical practices on the unit.
8. Ability to employ critical thinking skills, decision-making and judgment through the use of contextual perspective, evidence-based practice, and discrimination of the circumstances involved, the application of standards and the use of logical conclusions.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.