The cook provides nutrition care according to professional standards to all Kalispell Regional Healthcare Facilities. Actions support outstanding customer service & teamwork that reflects KRMC’s Mission & Values.
1. Adherence to state & regulatory standards.
2. Good practice of sanitation skills.
3. Following HACCP guidelines & setting example for other staff to do the same.
4. Adherence to facility & department policies & procedures.
5. Follow recipes & production sheets.
6. Meet meal deadlines reflecting high quality levels.
7. Able to work assigned production positions & stations.
8. Demonstrate an excellent knowledge of patient diets & assuring compliance.
9. Communicates needs for Procurement & Maintaining inventory of food & supplies.
10. Completion of daily cleaning assignments.
11. Consistently demonstrate the ability to produce multiple menu items concurrently in a safe and sanitary way.
12. Is a representative of Nutrition services and conducts themselves as such whenever present within NWHC.
1. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. Ability to follow written & verbal instructions & established procedures.
3. Minimum of three (3) years experience in health care or food service setting desired
4. Must have a high degree of customer service skills.
5. Some computer skills sufficient to learn hospital computer systems ( Meditech, Excel, Word, Kronos Self Service, online ordering and recipe programs)
6. Must be highly organized & be able to handle multiple priorities at one time.
7. ServSafe certification or food handlers certification required or ability to obtain within first 6 months of hire.
8. Be able to follow recipes & production sheets.
9. Must be self directed & able to work with minimal supervision.
10. Proficient knife & equipment skills.
11. Excellent knowledge of patient diets.
12. Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
13. Be a team player demonstrating outstanding values.