At Kalispell Regional Healthcare, our mission is to improve the health, comfort, and life of those we serve. We believe in a better future for healthcare. With more than 4,000 employees, we are the largest private employer in the Flathead Valley. As we continue to grow, we look for people dedicated to service and quality.
Job Objective: Schedule nursing and therapy staff and coordinate all patient visits related to these disciplines. Provide receptionist and secretarial support as requested. Perform insurance verifications as requested. Organize, maintain and keep record of clinical equipment located in the scheduling office. Schedule department automobiles, track fuel cards, clean and maintain the appearance of automobiles and coordinate with KRMC Maintenance department. May fill in for Private Care Scheduler.
1. Prepare, coordinate and maintain all staffing and patient visit schedules. Prepare monthly staff schedules for nurses, HHAs and therapists and ensure adequate staffing to meet volume needs.
2. *Enter patient visit schedules as produced by clinicians. Adjust for cancellations and keep clinicians apprised of all changes. Schedule with consideration for geographical area, patient acuity, special needs and continuity.
3. *Orient new staff to scheduling procedures and arrange joint orientation visits, as assigned.
4. *Prepare monthly on-call schedule for RNs.
5. *Perform Meditech functions that ensure accuracy of billing and compliance with orders.
6. *Enter new admissions and added services. Complete visit attending and advisories.
7. *Maintain control of cell phone tracking, company automobile and service records.
8. *Accept and screen telephone calls appropriately; promptly and graciously respond to calls and visitors and determine the urgency of the situation. Is resource to Home Options staff regarding phones and voice mail.
9. *Participate and contribute to department performance improvement programs.
10. *Perform effective, professional customer service skills and respect privacy and confidentiality. Perform job duties in a caring, competent and professional manner driven by the needs of the customer.
11. *Maintain knowledge of department equipment, policies and procedures including safety and compliance regulations.
12. *Demonstrates cost containment with all resources and utilizes attendance system per organizational guidelines.
1. Self starter with customer service and organization skills. Must be able to function as a team player.
2. One (1) to two (2) years experience in health care, prior scheduling experience preferred.
3. One (1) to two (2) years general office experience, including business phone use.
4. Computer experience, including word processing.
5. Ability to operate and/or learn to operate automated systems and other office equipment.
6. Current CPR certification preferred.
Kalispell is a dynamic community located within a thirty-minute drive of Flathead Lake, Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, several National and State forests and parks, and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Kalispell is the retail, professional, medical, and governmental center of the Flathead Valley serving approximately 140,000 people in Northwest Montana.